Standard Finishing
Xerox4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Vanishing Family Printshop

Collapse
Canon
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Methinks I’ve been out-humoured with this one. LOL
    I should have dispensed with the speaker and his speech bubble and just used the podiums and microphone. Would have saved me a lot of work.
    Hmmm, that gives me an idea....

    Right, Here is a standard 3 panel cartoon strip. All you need to do is provide a title (for the top center where those dashes are) and text for each of the 3 panels. Let's see what you all come up with! Click on image to embiggen.

    A Challenge.jpg

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by gordo View Post
      Methinks I’ve been out-humoured with this one. LOL
      I should have dispensed with the speaker and his speech bubble and just used the podiums and microphone. Would have saved me a lot of work.
      Hmmm, that gives me an idea....

      Right, Here is a standard 3 panel cartoon strip. All you need to do is provide a title (for the top center where those dashes are) and text for each of the 3 panels. Let's see what you all come up with! Click on image to embiggen.

      A Challenge.jpg
      Title: The non Standard Observer

      Panel 1: I don't think I can see colour in D50.

      Panel 2: From here, the image looks skewed.

      Panel 3: I think the gray balance has shifted to the right.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by gordo View Post

        Title: 'Jack'
        1) "Dang, he just called my name and I forgot my speech at home"
        2) "I wonder if I could sneak outta here without anyone noticing!"
        3) "I'm gonna have to just stand here, and act like I don't know Jack"
        Last edited by alibryan; 03-27-2018, 08:01 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by gordo View Post
          Title: Print to survive

          1) In my youth i was searching a job to combine earning money for life with my artistic ambitions.

          2) As an adult i was trying to combine understanding more and more technical aspects with my visual and sensitive interests...

          3) ...now i am searching a job to pay a psychatrist gathering my crashed Illusions.
          Last edited by Ulrich; 03-28-2018, 05:43 AM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Title: Mind Reader

            1. The customer didn't give us much to go on, except to make it look good.

            2. He's too "busy" to check a proof.

            3. I guess it's time to play Printer's Choice! The game we always lose.

            Comment


            • #21
              I wonder if this has ANY correlation with the mass shootings that are happening with too much regularity. You never know, it could be part contributor.

              Answer to whole problem> De-Technicalize. Dig large black hole; throw all cell phones, computers, video games and contemporary electronic devices into it. Bury them. That is the answer, however it is not going to happen. Millenial freak out time. Shame.

              D

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by D Ink Man View Post
                Answer to whole problem> De-Technicalize. Dig large black hole; throw all cell phones, computers, video games and contemporary electronic devices into it. Bury them. That is the answer, however it is not going to happen. Millenial freak out time. Shame
                nice idea, but what will come is even more technology:
                The day is not far off where you need to have your under your skin implanted updated Amazon-, Google- or AliBaba-chip replaced in a tattoo shop to get on a Greyhound bus from A to B because they once again updated the timetables with new software.

                Get used to it

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by D Ink Man View Post
                  I wonder if this has ANY correlation with the mass shootings that are happening with too much regularity. You never know, it could be part contributor.

                  Answer to whole problem> De-Technicalize. Dig large black hole; throw all cell phones, computers, video games and contemporary electronic devices into it. Bury them. That is the answer, however it is not going to happen. Millenial freak out time. Shame.

                  D
                  Ya know, people used to live without anything but a landline, we all survived, and it wasn't that long ago. Now people can't seem to get through a grocery store without a phone glued to their ear.

                  I can't tell you how many times I've thought somebody behind me in a store said something to me, only to turn around and find out they're on the phone. Guess I should try a Robert DiNiro - "You talkin' to me?"

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by D Ink Man View Post
                    I wonder if this has ANY correlation with the mass shootings that are happening with too much regularity. You never know, it could be part contributor.

                    Answer to whole problem> De-Technicalize. Dig large black hole; throw all cell phones, computers, video games and contemporary electronic devices into it. Bury them. That is the answer, however it is not going to happen. Millenial freak out time. Shame.

                    D
                    Sounds good, you first.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I rarely use a cell phone and the computer is just there as means of tabulation. I am perfectly happy using 8 x 5 cards for data accumulation. I like ink on paper, WRITING with my own hand to convey my thoughts and communication. I fact, when I write, the content is improved because what I convey has more thought put into it by scribing. Video games, hell no; give me a pinball machine with flippers and I am in my glory. And..my 1964 Zenith TV just works fine and is in beautiful wood cabinetry. Yeah arossetti, I would be first, but maybe I am truly the last.

                      D Ink Man

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        A Challenge.jpg[/QUOTE]

                        Title: Salary Negotiation

                        1: Talked to the boss yesterday about getting a raise

                        2: He introduced me to the new pre-press trainee.

                        3: He wants me to "teach him the ropes"......

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by MailGuru View Post
                          Title: Salary Negotiation

                          1: Talked to the boss yesterday about getting a raise

                          2: He introduced me to the new pre-press trainee.

                          3: He wants me to "teach him the ropes"......[/QUOTE]

                          Reminds me of this one:

                          Training.jpg

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by D Ink Man View Post
                            I rarely use a cell phone and the computer is just there as means of tabulation. I am perfectly happy using 8 x 5 cards for data accumulation. I like ink on paper, WRITING with my own hand to convey my thoughts and communication. I fact, when I write, the content is improved because what I convey has more thought put into it by scribing. Video games, hell no; give me a pinball machine with flippers and I am in my glory. And..my 1964 Zenith TV just works fine and is in beautiful wood cabinetry. Yeah arossetti, I would be first, but maybe I am truly the last.

                            D Ink Man
                            GET OFF MY LAWN YOU KIDS!

                            Seriously though, the same could be said about anything. Every generation hates what the next has become. I'm only 34 and I already hate all the new music and clothing. I'm sure I'll be whining about those damned kids and their hoverboards and flying cars someday.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              May the rounds of bullets avoid your sacroiliac. D

                              Comment

                              KBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploXerox4OverCanon

                              Zero Setup Time

                              Collapse

                              Zero Setup Time:
                              Myth Or Reality?

                              As the twenty-first century opened, Koenig & Bauer had already anticipated the need for the coexistence of conventional and digital printing, and had begun to develop the technology that is today empowering offset printers to meet those challenges.

                              Read the Article.

                              Smartsoft (Presswise)AvantiKBAXerox " "DuploCanon4Over

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 9667 users online. 90 members and 9577 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 14,674 at 05:29 AM on 10-30-2019.

                              Working...
                              X