The Vanishing Family Printshop

D Ink Man

I wonder if this has ANY correlation with the mass shootings that are happening with too much regularity. You never know, it could be part contributor.

Answer to whole problem> De-Technicalize. Dig large black hole; throw all cell phones, computers, video games and contemporary electronic devices into it. Bury them. That is the answer, however it is not going to happen. Millenial freak out time. Shame.

D

Ulrich

Answer to whole problem> De-Technicalize. Dig large black hole; throw all cell phones, computers, video games and contemporary electronic devices into it. Bury them. That is the answer, however it is not going to happen. Millenial freak out time. Shame
nice idea, but what will come is even more technology:
The day is not far off where you need to have your under your skin implanted updated Amazon-, Google- or AliBaba-chip replaced in a tattoo shop to get on a Greyhound bus from A to B because they once again updated the timetables with new software.

Get used to it

Possumgal

I wonder if this has ANY correlation with the mass shootings that are happening with too much regularity. You never know, it could be part contributor.

Answer to whole problem> De-Technicalize. Dig large black hole; throw all cell phones, computers, video games and contemporary electronic devices into it. Bury them. That is the answer, however it is not going to happen. Millenial freak out time. Shame.

D
Ya know, people used to live without anything but a landline, we all survived, and it wasn't that long ago. Now people can't seem to get through a grocery store without a phone glued to their ear.

I can't tell you how many times I've thought somebody behind me in a store said something to me, only to turn around and find out they're on the phone. Guess I should try a Robert DiNiro - "You talkin' to me?"

arossetti

D
Sounds good, you first.

D Ink Man

I rarely use a cell phone and the computer is just there as means of tabulation. I am perfectly happy using 8 x 5 cards for data accumulation. I like ink on paper, WRITING with my own hand to convey my thoughts and communication. I fact, when I write, the content is improved because what I convey has more thought put into it by scribing. Video games, hell no; give me a pinball machine with flippers and I am in my glory. And..my 1964 Zenith TV just works fine and is in beautiful wood cabinetry. Yeah arossetti, I would be first, but maybe I am truly the last.

D Ink Man

MailGuru

[/QUOTE]

Title: Salary Negotiation

1: Talked to the boss yesterday about getting a raise

2: He introduced me to the new pre-press trainee.

3: He wants me to "teach him the ropes"......

namelessentity

I rarely use a cell phone and the computer is just there as means of tabulation. I am perfectly happy using 8 x 5 cards for data accumulation. I like ink on paper, WRITING with my own hand to convey my thoughts and communication. I fact, when I write, the content is improved because what I convey has more thought put into it by scribing. Video games, hell no; give me a pinball machine with flippers and I am in my glory. And..my 1964 Zenith TV just works fine and is in beautiful wood cabinetry. Yeah arossetti, I would be first, but maybe I am truly the last.

D Ink Man
GET OFF MY LAWN YOU KIDS!

Seriously though, the same could be said about anything. Every generation hates what the next has become. I'm only 34 and I already hate all the new music and clothing. I'm sure I'll be whining about those damned kids and their hoverboards and flying cars someday.

Color Optimized?

Ink
by Noel Ward, Editor@Large
Color is in demand in all types of documents, making color management a critical part of Digital Printing 5.0. Managing color on one device/press can be an easy task with the correct tools and processes. But managing color to ensure printed pages are consistent and repeatable across the different substrates and color gamuts of toner and inkjet can be a much bigger challenge. Properly implemented color management workflows can help achieve consistent color results across multiple devices. Although many end-customers are claiming satisfaction with “pleasing color,” two challenges are still in play. Link to Article