Standard Finishing
Xerox

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Landa press news?

Collapse
Canon
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any Landa press news?

    No news on their website since 2017 other than new investments of money into the company.

  • #2
    In october they shipped first S10 perfecting press.
    See their twitter for more info

    Comment


    • #3
      Is there any truth relating to the fact when their presses were running at drupa they were set to run in perfect mode, with 1 side already printed offsite and they weren’t actually running live jobs so they could then show the machine running at rated speed. I was told they were having a problem with physics and still working to control the issue of its dot rolling on itself as it lands from the spray at high speed = a special dot shape was having to be developed so that when it did fold on itself it somewhat resembles a dot. Which meant it could only run at a fraction of its rated speed when running live jobs Is there any truth in this?

      Comment


      • #4
        I have not seem any press releases in many months.

        Comment


        • #5
          They actually have 2 in the field, and a perfector being installed in the US and another S10 in Europe. They have been sending out releases on this stuff and if you go on their site you can see the one installed in Europe at Edelmann. I can't get into details but I have seen it running sellable product.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jlee View Post
            They actually have 2 in the field, and a perfector being installed in the US and another S10 in Europe. They have been sending out releases on this stuff and if you go on their site you can see the one installed in Europe at Edelmann. I can't get into details but I have seen it running sellable product.
            I did go to their website. No events or news releases since June 2017.

            Comment


            • #7
              I try to follow it on youtube and what not. Saw they actually did install a press into a production environment. I just have a feeling that its not going to revolutionize anything. At least Landa's press won't. Im guessing on of the big players (X, HP, Heidelberg, Ryobi) will figure out what he has done and make a reliable sellable machine out of it. At 6500 B1 sph, that translates into roughly a 850 sheet per minute digital press using digitals standard of 8.5x11 prints correct? I mean thats a game changer for companies to have that type of capability. Ive yet to see any numbers on it. To me its only a game changer if it can extend the cost of digital printing further. If it would be more cost effective than offset out to say 10000 B1 sheets, then were talking serious game changing.

              Comment


              • #8
                Sorry Gordo, you're right they haven't put much in the events or press release side. They tend to do a lot of things in social media platforms but the front page of their site has a youtube video for the Edelmann installation. The other thing I would say is that most of their events are private and they do not publicize until after the event.

                AP90, they are at 6500 now, but 13000 later this year. Your comment about the big players is interesting as I don't know if they will ever reach 6500sph if they continue with the imaging tech they've chosen. I can say without naming who, that others use the same head on their digital presses and can't get past 2000sph. Next year I'm sure costing information will leak and you'll be able to see if they are competitive at 10000 sheets.


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lukew View Post
                  Is there any truth relating to the fact when their presses were running at drupa they were set to run in perfect mode, with 1 side already printed offsite and they weren’t actually running live jobs so they could then show the machine running at rated speed. I was told they were having a problem with physics and still working to control the issue of its dot rolling on itself as it lands from the spray at high speed = a special dot shape was having to be developed so that when it did fold on itself it somewhat resembles a dot. Which meant it could only run at a fraction of its rated speed when running live jobs Is there any truth in this?
                  I'm a Landa employee, part of the process and algorithms team, and was at Drupa for 3 weeks during the setup and the entire show, preparing the jobs and performing quality calibrations on all presses.

                  And sorry, nothing of that is true - it's certainly not a fact. All the presses were printing live on new sheets. We were also printing on the web press, and you could see the roll was unprinted. In addition, only one press was fitted with a perfecting mechanism, so even if that story were true it would apply only to one press.

                  As a former press operator, I will be the first to admit the quality then was very poor compared to what we print today, but we were printing live at rated speed.

                  I didn't quite understand the part about the special dot shape. You cannot develop a "special dot shape" - the drop lands and creates a round shape as in other inkjet technologies. The dots don't roll or fold on themselves, the physics of it doesn't work that way.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Benny is working on time travel at present
                    Last edited by kinni88; 01-24-2019, 08:41 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Schnitzel View Post

                      I'm a Landa employee, part of the process and algorithms team, and was at Drupa for 3 weeks during the setup and the entire show, preparing the jobs and performing quality calibrations on all presses.

                      And sorry, nothing of that is true - it's certainly not a fact. All the presses were printing live on new sheets. We were also printing on the web press, and you could see the roll was unprinted. In addition, only one press was fitted with a perfecting mechanism, so even if that story were true it would apply only to one press.

                      As a former press operator, I will be the first to admit the quality then was very poor compared to what we print today, but we were printing live at rated speed.

                      I didn't quite understand the part about the special dot shape. You cannot develop a "special dot shape" - the drop lands and creates a round shape as in other inkjet technologies. The dots don't roll or fold on themselves, the physics of it doesn't work that way.
                      Interesting, wasn’t sure the truth or not. Referring to the dot it had been explained that at total rated speed the dot was no longer a round dot but slured Which reduced quality. Im not knocking the technology simply wondering if there was any truth. Any technology that see’s a good advancement within the industry is great

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Lukew View Post

                        Interesting, wasn’t sure the truth or not. Referring to the dot it had been explained that at total rated speed the dot was no longer a round dot but slured Which reduced quality. Im not knocking the technology simply wondering if there was any truth. Any technology that see’s a good advancement within the industry is great
                        I think that sometimes it boils down to how you define the word; advancement.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Lukew View Post

                          Referring to the dot it had been explained that at total rated speed the dot was no longer a round dot but slured Which reduced quality.
                          Nope, sorry, I've never seen that happen in all the years I've been working there - the dots were always round. You can see that under a microscope.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Schnitzel View Post

                            Nope, sorry, I've never seen that happen in all the years I've been working there - the dots were always round. You can see that under a microscope.
                            So can you provide us some rough cost per sheet or anything like that?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by AP90 View Post

                              So can you provide us some rough cost per sheet or anything like that?
                              I'm a programmer in the algorithms team, I don't know the first thing about pricing and all that stuff, sorry.

                              Comment

                              CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploEnfocusXerox

                              Free Download

                              Collapse

                              Trade Show Survey=
                              Instant October Trade Show Survey
                              Come On! Only 5 Questions

                              PRINT 19 and PRINTING United are squaring off in October.
                              Will you be at one of them?
                              Both? Neither?
                              Please take our 1-Minute survey to tell us about your plans for the two big fall shows!

                              Take The Survey.

                              CanonSmartsoft (Presswise)AvantiGraph ExpoKBAAvantiEnfocusGraph ExpoDuploXerox

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5410 users online. 96 members and 5314 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 6,855 at 12:33 PM on 06-06-2019.

                              Working...
                              X