Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mutoh ValueJet 1642X thoughts or reviews?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutoh ValueJet 1642X thoughts or reviews?

We have gotten a quote on a Mutoh ValueJet 1642X and an Epson S40600. The Mutoh is cheaper and a good product from what we have seen. I have heard some grumblings online about Mutoh but never any real specific issues with the Mutoh brand or model. Can anyone give me any serious cons of the ValueJet? Any issues that are pretty common or things to watch for?

The Mutoh is actually the same basic printer Epson sold as the GS6000 -- minus light inks and green and orange. For Epson, that was four generations ago. It did take Epson four tries to get the Sure Color completely right, but they finally did.

In my opinion, if the only choice was between the two, I wouldn't be happy because I think light inks are always worth it, but with that caveat, it wouldn't even be a choice.

I'd take the Epson.

Mike Adams
    Correct Color

Comment

Originally posted by Correct Color View Post
      The Mutoh is actually the same basic printer Epson sold as the GS6000 -- minus light inks and green and orange. For Epson, that was four generations ago. It did take Epson four tries to get the Sure Color completely right, but they finally did.

In my opinion, if the only choice was between the two, I wouldn't be happy because I think light inks are always worth it, but with that caveat, it wouldn't even be a choice.

I'd take the Epson.

Mike Adams
      Correct Color

The price is higher for the Epson obviously and we would be looking at the base model that is only CMYK. So Mutoh CMYK vs Epson CMYK. Price is significantly cheaper for the Mutoh which helps when adding a cutter, laminator as well as the hardware to cut down large sheets.

Any mechanical issues with the Mutoh that should be watched? Print heads are not known to go bust in the first year or anything like that?

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)Standard FinishingKBA4Over
      UltimateDuploStandard FinishingKBAKBA GTIChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3585 users online. 82 members and 3503 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
      X