3 point stroke - will it print ok

gwh

Hi everyone,

I have logo that is to be printed on a printing press and it has a lot of 3 point strokes as part of the design. Can someone tell me if these strokes will print or whether 3 points is too fine for a stroke.

Appreciate any help.

Hi everyone,
I have logo that is to be printed on a printing press and it has a lot of 3 point strokes as part of the design. Can someone tell me if these strokes will print or whether 3 points is too fine for a stroke.
Appreciate any help.

Depends a bit on the press. A sheetfed offset press should have no problem with lines as fine as a half or quarter point in thickness.

gordon p

my print blog here: Quality In Print current topic gray balance

It's certainly a good idea to ask your printer, but I would be very surprised if he responded that it would be any problem. In fact, I am a bit surprised by Gordon's qualifier. I routinely print 1/4 point rules as crops and register marks without any problems.

Al

In fact, I am a bit surprised by Gordon's qualifier. I routinely print 1/4 point rules as crops and register marks without any problems.

Al, you're right of course. I didn't have enough info - so I went very conservative. :)

best, gordo

Perhaps the question refers to multiple colors on a rule. Again, a 3 point rule should be able to be printed in most any color. However, rules smaller than 1 point usually should be colored with fewer than 2 colors as registration can become a real issue.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back