4colorized 1 bit tiff problem

Chasfinch

I just ran into an interesting issue. A customer file came over in quark with a colorized 1bit tiff. It RIPed fine and the composite proof as well as screen proof looked good. When we stripped the job in Preps(5.x) and plated to a fuji dart 4000 the dots for the 1 bit tif where there but the denisity was almost non existent. My quick fix was to get the customer to send me the greyscale version and adjust the color to come close to match what he wanted.

This is the 2nd job that a 1bit TIFF plated differently then the composite proof and monitor proof.

I am assuming it is some setting on the shooter itself. But I am perplexed.

Re: 4colorized 1 bit tiff problem

Was the client's 1 bit tiff already screened? How did they generate it? Could it be trying to screen an already screened file on your Dart? Just a hunch.

When I submit 1 bit tiffs through Rampage, I use the CT/LW Input profile setup on Rampage.

I have not tried submitting QuarkXPress imported 1 bit tiffs though. I don't think it would work with CT/LW.

Take care

What type of RIP or Workflow are you using? If you are using an older RIP or workflow you may want to look into a new prepress workflow or new RIP. You can find out more about new 1-bit TIFF RIPs at CTP Software Harlequin TIFF RIP CTP Separation Software 1bit 1-bit TIFF RIP Platesetter, but as mentioned by chknlegs I would also check to see if your file may be the issue. You can download a demo of a new Harlequin TIFF RIP from Harlequin RIP Demo, RTI Harlequin Demo TIFF, Epson, HP, CTP Platesetter RIP Software. It may be a good idea to download a new software RIP and test it with your file. You could also try saving out as a PDF (if your current RIP or workflow supports it).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back