#9 envelope corner folding

pcmodem

Registered Users
Chances are the envelope is hitting something either on the feed table or the gripper bar. As a test, you could shift the envelope in the feed table to the left or right and see if the problem goes away.

You should also be able to stop the press with envelopes still in the press to see where the corner is folded and work back to the feeder from there.

keith1

I'll bet there's a feed roller that's either too close to the edge of the envelope or barely on the envelope. Pretty much exactly what pcmodem has said.
If you can't take pressure off the rollers, move the feed pile. You may have to make a new plate to position the image again.

Keith

TLawrence

Thanks guys for the responses. I will look tomorrow when I go back to work. Just blows my mind that running #10's fine but with 9's its hell.

JoeatData

Can you change the position of the envelope on the feed table?
Do the corners fold over if you move the pile toward the operator side or gear side?

TLawrence

Can you change the position of the envelope on the feed table?
Do the corners fold over if you move the pile toward the operator side or gear side?
Right now since I have a bar code on the top, the pile is toward operator side. I Even tried to move to gear side. still folding, now its jaming after 2-3 run though. switched to 10's ran perfect.

TLawrence

Just a quick update, I couldnt get it to stop folding corners, so the 30k envelopes went over to our digital printer, the guy running those was not a happy camper. lol

Automatically Autonomous Automation

Automatically Autonomous Automation
Although the autonomous car is not quite ready, a lights out print operation is something you can do right now if you have a comprehensive Print MIS (Management Information System). The advantages can put money on your bottom line. So what’s your next step? Link to Article