#9 envelope corner folding

TLawrence

Running #9's. Left hand corner is folding when going into feed. Ran 30,000 #10's no issues. Running Heidelberg print master qm-46.

Attachments

• photo5231.jpg
    photo5231.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 232
  • photo5232.jpg
    photo5232.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 207
Chances are the envelope is hitting something either on the feed table or the gripper bar. As a test, you could shift the envelope in the feed table to the left or right and see if the problem goes away.

You should also be able to stop the press with envelopes still in the press to see where the corner is folded and work back to the feeder from there.

I'll bet there's a feed roller that's either too close to the edge of the envelope or barely on the envelope. Pretty much exactly what pcmodem has said.
If you can't take pressure off the rollers, move the feed pile. You may have to make a new plate to position the image again.

Keith

Thanks guys for the responses. I will look tomorrow when I go back to work. Just blows my mind that running #10's fine but with 9's its hell.

Can you change the position of the envelope on the feed table?
Do the corners fold over if you move the pile toward the operator side or gear side?

Can you change the position of the envelope on the feed table?
Do the corners fold over if you move the pile toward the operator side or gear side?

Right now since I have a bar code on the top, the pile is toward operator side. I Even tried to move to gear side. still folding, now its jaming after 2-3 run though. switched to 10's ran perfect.

Just a quick update, I couldnt get it to stop folding corners, so the 30k envelopes went over to our digital printer, the guy running those was not a happy camper. lol

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back