ab dick 9880

Esedmak

I have an ab dick 9880. I had it running a couple weeks ago( it would not feed any paper by the end of the night),but left it with ink on and had cleaned it out last week,

Went to start it up and the drive would not go forward. It went reverse for the first time. everytime i reset the it the whole system stop( thepump shut offs,untill ri rlealse the breaker). Now this is the first time i am dealing with a press,i am machinist. i would like to know if anyone could give me an idea of why it wont go forward and wont feed the pper(its seams the vacum does not work properly now)

edward sedmak:confused:

Ed,

I read your more recent post, but I am answering his one because you gave almost no information on your new one.

Let's start at the beginning. Forget the paper feeding problem for now. Let's deal with the fact that in will not run forward. Was it still running forward before you left it with ink on the rollers overnight? Did you have a big jam up before you posted on 7/4?

Does it have a hand wheel, and if so, can you carefully turn it forward a complete revolution or more by hand with the hand wheel? If it's hard to turn by hand, then try to take the drive belt off, and try to see if the motor turns under power without a load. We are testing here if the trouble is mechanical or electrical.

We need more information in order to help you. Take the time to write carefully. We are not judging your language skill here. We need to concentrate on the press problem.

Al

Well it was running when I left the ink on and I did have major jam when I shut it down.The hand wheel does turn forward.Will try to disconnect the belt in the morning.thank you

OK,

Now just to clarify, when I said to turn the wheel a complete revolution, I meant a complete revolution of the cylinders, not just the hand wheel.

Al

So you mean you killed the poor press.
What did it ever do to you, I am going to report you to the printing gods
Shame on you.
Check out ebay they have a few motors on there for AB DICKS

Good Luck

well fix the problem,did not know that there is a three prong plug within the system for both drive and pump. Thank you very muh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back