accessories/essential tools for a perfect binder?

bcr

Hi folks,

We're getting our new repro machines soon, and in addition to comb and wire binding I'm thinking about getting a basic perfect binding machine. I've never actually used a perfect binding machine before, so I'm going purely on what I've seen on youtube.

We have an electric stack cutter, and I'm wondering if I've forgotten any other key equipment we would need to use with a perfect binding machine? We don't have a creasing or slitting machine. I was pondering the idea of a roll laminator, but not sure if we would actually use it much.

Thanks all!

Other than the cutter to 3 side trim the books after you've bound them, you shouldn't really need any other equipment. Laminator, etc... relates to what cover treatments you want to offer to your customers.

Reactions: bcr
Hi folks,

We're getting our new repro machines soon, and in addition to comb and wire binding I'm thinking about getting a basic perfect binding machine. I've never actually used a perfect binding machine before, so I'm going purely on what I've seen on youtube.

We have an electric stack cutter, and I'm wondering if I've forgotten any other key equipment we would need to use with a perfect binding machine? We don't have a creasing or slitting machine. I was pondering the idea of a roll laminator, but not sure if we would actually use it much.

Thanks all!
Buy a hot air gun. Costs peanuts. You will need to clean glue tank or spilt glue

Reactions: bcr

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back