Acrobat Preview issues

pajdzn

What is the best way to save a pdf to insure that it looks the same on all systems? I have to send pdf proofs to clients of files Ripped on a Prinergy EVO system, then combined through Acrobat into a small-as-possible pdf to send to the client. But sometimes the pdf previews incorrectly and the clients don't see what the file actually looks like. Any suggestions? I have tried to get clients to install the VPS viewer so that I can send them VPS files but most of them just won't install the software. Besides, the VPS preview really isn't very clean.

PDFx1a if you want to view CMYK data, newer versions of reader will automatically show proof of output intent. For slimmer files I send sRGB at 90dpi with simulated overprint. Simulating overprint when exporting to RGB is VERY important.

Make sure clients are using Acrobat/Reader 9 and send either PDF/X-1a (for CMYK) or PDF/X-3 or PDF/X-4 for RGB.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back