Acrobat Rotation Key

CruzinCooler

Is it possible to rotate pages in Acrobat but also resetting the rotation key without using Enfocus Pitstop? So no matter how the pages are rotated in the document the rotation key is always set to 0 degrees. Thanks for any help.

You can rotate the pages using an Acrobat Preflight and the rotation key will still be 0° In the rotated file just like Pitstop does it.

You can rotate the pages using an Acrobat Preflight and the rotation key will still be 0° In the rotated file just like Pitstop does it.
I've been looking for that and I cant find it. Any suggestions on how to get there would be appreciated. My checks and fixes don't seem to working correctly. Thank you for your response.

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 10.25.18 PM.png

I didn't correctly state what I am looking to do. I want my pages in the document to be set as some landscaped and some portrait but with the rotation ket as 0 degrees. I can do this in Pitstop but I see no way to have the document with all pages being set as 0 degrees. Someone suggested saving out as jpgs but that effects quality for small text. I know I can export and postscript but that's too time consuming for 1500 page documents. Thanks for your suggestion.

Once you have your preflight setup you can run it on whatever page ranges needs to be rotated so it only affects those pages. The rotation key will still be 0° for all pages when you are done.

When you use Pitstop or Acrobat Preflight to rotate pages it actually rotates the content. Not change the rotation value. While just rotating pages with Acrobat only changes the rotation value on just those pages but it never rotates the content. Yes it appears the content is rotated in Acrobat but it is not. Just the rotation value has changed so it displays as rotated.

Are you looking to avoid PitStop to make the fix or not finding the fix in PitStop, so you're looking for it in Acrobat?

Once you have rotated some of your pages, manually or using a PitStop Action, you can Normalize Page Rotate Key at the end of your Action List or as a separate one. This will remove the rotation key so that no matter the orientation, the key will be zero. Also, if your imposition software honors the rotation key, you have some pages 90° from the others. I hope that I am understanding your need clearly and that this helps.

PsPMgrab 2022-02-03 at 12.28.35.png

Are you looking to avoid PitStop to make the fix or not finding the fix in PitStop, so you're looking for it in Acrobat?

Once you have rotated some of your pages, manually or using a PitStop Action, you can Normalize Page Rotate Key at the end of your Action List or as a separate one. This will remove the rotation key so that no matter the orientation, the key will be zero. Also, if your imposition software honors the rotation key, you have some pages 90° from the others. I hope that I am understanding your need clearly and that this helps.

View attachment 291176
Thanks John. Yes we use this action all the time and works as advertised. A customer sending in a couple hundred books, calendar style, has added pages that are v2's and they didn't realize that those pages, rotated, aren't honored by our RIPs and a few pages "flipped" while printing. They don't use Pitstop so they asked for advise on how in Acrobat they can check for those files. Needless to say we will just normalize their files in the future. By the way we rotate all odd pages -90 and all even pages 90 with normalize added for our RIPs to print correctly. Thanks for your feedback and hope that your new job is going well.

Once you have your preflight setup you can run it on whatever page ranges needs to be rotated so it only affects those pages. The rotation key will still be 0° for all pages when you are done.

When you use Pitstop or Acrobat Preflight to rotate pages it actually rotates the content. Not change the rotation value. While just rotating pages with Acrobat only changes the rotation value on just those pages but it never rotates the content. Yes it appears the content is rotated in Acrobat but it is not. Just the rotation value has changed so it displays as rotated.
Thanks Joe. That seemed to do the trick. I must have used another method of rotation because the rotation was always incorrect but this worked. I appreciate your help.

Thanks John. Yes we use this action all the time and works as advertised. A customer sending in a couple hundred books, calendar style, has added pages that are v2's and they didn't realize that those pages, rotated, aren't honored by our RIPs and a few pages "flipped" while printing. They don't use Pitstop so they asked for advise on how in Acrobat they can check for those files. Needless to say we will just normalize their files in the future. By the way we rotate all odd pages -90 and all even pages 90 with normalize added for our RIPs to print correctly. Thanks for your feedback and hope that your new job is going well.
Thanks for the well-wishes. Let me know if I can help with anything in the future.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back