Acrobat to Creo impositioning problem

CathieH

:confused:

Hi. Sorry, I probably should have put this in the workflow area, but since it's a digital machine I'm dealing with, I decided to put this here.

I'm having problems with printing a small postcard to our Creo from Acrobat Pro and then using the impositioning function. I have the print output set on Auto Rotate and Center, which inevitably changes the page to landscape. Then I have to try and fake out the computer, making the width the size of the height and vice versa. I seem to still have the same problem when I don't use the Auto Rotate and Center function. (I should mention that I also have Pitstop Pro, but don't know if that can make a difference in this situation.)

Just the other day, I had a 5x7 postcard that was sent to me, one up with crop marks on the PDF, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get it to impose two up on the page.

Is there some secret to printing out of Acrobat Pro and then imposing on the Creo? Seems to me we had a special method years ago when I was using a Creo on a Xerox, but can't remember what we did.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!
Cathie

Cathie-

You can import it directly onto the Creo, bypassing the print driver. Then it will correctly show landscape or portrait according to the document orientation. Or make a shortcut to a hot folder on your desktop and drop it there. (Every "printer" that is on the Creo, ie Process, Print, Store, etc. , has a corresponding hot folder published on your network.) If you need to print from Acrobat, on your 7" x 5" document you will generally show it as portrait in your page setting, and 5 wide x 7 tall in the Imposition, then rotate it. (I Think....)

steve

Good idea, Steve!

I remember now the tech who initially taught me the Creo that you can directly import jobs. And I also remember that he said the Creo would then see it as it really is, not the way that Acrobat sees it.

But, I don't remember anything about corresponding hot folders on the network - can you tell me a little more about that?

Fantastic. Thank you!
Cathie

If you search for computers on your network, there should be on that shows something similar to this : "IC304-3776" or some such name. If you open that computer, there will be folders for the printers and corresponding folders that are named with an HF - such as "HF-Process". If you make a shortcut to that HF folder on your desktop, you can drag and drop files to it and those would go straight into your Process queue in this example.

Is there some secret to printing out of Acrobat Pro and then imposing on the Creo? Seems to me we had a special method years ago when I was using a Creo on a Xerox, but can't remember what we did.

Print on Demand

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back