Action list question

I want to select all 100% black elements (text, lines, ...) and make sure they knockout (do not overprint!) on other elements.

I made an action list that selects all elements that are:
• DeviceGray with 0% brightness
• DeviceCMYK with 100%K
and set the overprint to knock out.
So far so good, it works fine, but I found some elements that are DeviceN with one component:'Black' that are not selected, so they don't change.
(I attached an Inspector screen-shot of such an element when selected)

Is there any way to include those elements in the selection?

Attachments

• PastedGraphic-7.png
    PastedGraphic-7.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 216
Depending on what version your using, try adding the action 'Select by colorspace'. You can identify deviceN colors with 1 component.

cheers,
Bert

Hi Bert,
thanks for your answer.
I tried this, but this also selects every other element that is DeviceN with one color (yellow elements for example.) and I only want to change the overprint of black elements.
I am using Pitstop Pro v10.1

Try using the action 'select spot color' and use the color picker to find the document spot color black. It should look at deviceN channels as well.

bert

The color picker returned 'C0 M0 Y0 100K' as color name. This didn't work. But using 'Black' as color (this is the name visible in the inspector) works.
So it solved our problem.
Thanks for leading us to the solution!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back