Adding an indicia to PDF files

ecarbone

I receive 10 postcard orders a day, and all 10 have different designs.
All of the files are PDF format.

I need to add an indicia to every PDF file and resave it.

I considered placing the indicia as a watermark in Acrobat 8, but since the designs are always different, the exact placement of the indicia will vary.

I need a way to place artwork (i.e. the indicia) into a PDF file, move it into the correct position (perhaps even resize the indicia) and then save the PDF.

What program would you recommend for doing this?

(I know I can create a new (blank) InDesign document (the same size as the postcard PDF), place the PDF into the document, then place the indicia and resave this InDesign file as a new PDF ... but that's a lot of work ;-)

Thank you.

Re: Adding an indicia to PDF files

You could place a PDF of the indicia, in to the supplied PDF using PitStop Pro.

How about creating a custom stamp in Acrobat?

Comments->Comment and Markup Tools->Stamps->Create Custom Stamp

that will let you place a variety of file formats on top of the PDF, move it around, resize it, etc.

Leonard

Save the indicias as a pdf. Insert the indicia pdf into the postcard pdf and then you can copy and paste the indicia into place. Then delete the indicia page

Hey Leonard,
Thanks for this idea, it works really well.
Lara

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back