Adobe Illustrator CS5 different cropmarks

yavo

Hello

How can I make attached crop marks.
I want to more short and more close all lines.
Is it possible?

Attachments

• trimmarks.pdf
    44.8 KB · Views: 257
I could give you some suggestions for modifying the crop marks after making them with the crop marks filter in Illustrator, but what are you trying to accomplish with this?

In the example you posted the marks are very close to the object, but they remain relatively large, taking up space, and the objects are far apart. So this tells us that your purpose here is not to fit more objects in a given area.

Please explain what your goal is with this question.

Al

Hi

Attached sample pdf.
Doing all for printing.
I'm looking easy way to this progress.
Can I do this automatically after selection object.

Thanks

I suppose you refer here to the attachment to the original post.

If what you want is crop marks for individual objects use Menu/Filter/create/Crop Marks. Leave the marks selected, and do Menu/Object/Ungroup.

After this, you can edit each crop mark as an object. But take special note that crop marks created this way are aligned to the outside of the stroke of the original object and not to the center line. This is easy to see if you give the original object a large stroke before using the filter, and then view in outline mode.

I know of no automatic way to do all this.

Good luck,

Al

Hi

Thanks for response. Attached new sample.
I'm using a more different.

Attachments

• untitled.pdf
    30.1 KB · Views: 254

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back