Adobe INDD CC 2015 vs idml - strange issues

kaiserwilhelm

We have noticed something over the past three months. For some reason it has gone from a trickle to a deluge in the past two weeks.
We own CC 2015
Sometimes our customers work in CC 2014 or possibly even CS6
They send in an INDD and also a IDML

If I open the INDD in CC 2015, it shows that all of the links are yellow triangles. (INDD and links are in the same folder)
If I open the IDML, all is good with the world.

Any ideas why this is happening?

I'm guessing that idml strips out the part that idcc2015 is warning you about. For example you did not get Profile mis-match warnings opening an idml saved from CC when opened with CS6.
Things are getting weirder, today I closed an indd file, moved all the images manually to the Links folder, opened the indd file and all the images were missing!:confused:

Does it have FILENAME.INDD [Convert] with no Indesign icon? If so, you need to save it then reopen it and the links should be fine.

It shouldn't be that problematic. . . use the link to folder option in the links pallet - its a workaround but its just a few keystrokes.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back