Adobe Myriad Pro fonts not printing in Acrobat 8.1

Caled

When I print direct from Indesign to our platemaker, the Myriad Pro font family prints without problems. However if I make a PDF of this, the Myriad Pro fonts refuse to print. Is this to with the fonts being embedded or something in a PDF and not in the original Indesign file. Myriad Pro is a Adobe font.
Thanks

Re: Adobe Myriad Pro fonts not printing in Acrobat 8.1

Myriad Pro is a very common font in terms of usage. We are not aware of any general problem of the type (pun +not+ intended) you describe. But we could use some more specifics in terms of (1) specifics of how you print the PDF file with Myriad Pro to (2) exactly what platemaker.

My best guess, without knowing further information, is that your platesetter and/or its RIP is stumbling on CID-encoded fonts, a standard feature of PostScript and PDF that some non-Adobe RIPs and software fail with.

- Dov

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back