AGFA Accuset 1200 STAR RIP missed vector image elements

aelorenzo

Hi forum members,

I am trying to print a ps vector image file from Illustrator CS using Accuset 1000 PPD.

Several PS files printed fine, but this one, it is the hugest, 50000 points, fails. Images up to +- 30000 points prints quite well.

How can I know if it is a PPD problem, options in printer dialogue, memory lack, ....?

Thank you in advance!

Antonio

AGFA Star200 RIP has only 200MB formatted 213MB SCSI hard disk.
Boot files, PS interpreter, fonts and font cash, AGFA Balanced Sreening tiles, Adobe and Standart Sreens need some place on the HD to be stored.
So, in case of 50K pts length job there is no room on HD to complete even one color separation.
You run the outdated RIP with lack of RAM and ROM.
20 years ago I would give you a piece of advice - use RIP Star 400, 600 or 800 with 1 Gig HD. :)
Today you definetely need Software RIP.
Even if pre-owner of that Accuset 1200 installed more capacity HD, Star200 can only recognize and operate just 200 Mb.
We discussed that in prev. thread.

Last edited:
Hi Vlad,

Thank you for your help.

Do you think that I could get enough free space if I delete the fonts stored in the HDD?

Is there any way to get the fonts to keep them?

Agfaset just has the upload to the RIP files, but not the get files from the RIP option!!

Also, is there any way to calculate before the job memory needs? how can I calculate the memory space that I have in the Accuset?

Thank you in advance and regards,

Antonio

Also, is there any way to calculate before the job memory needs? how can I calculate the memory space that I have in the Accuset?
Antonio

You are kidding me!
One stroke or scanline of Accuset on 14" film takes (in case of 2400dpi output) (14 X 2400)/8 = 4200 bytes of memory. So, one inch of picture sepatarion in Height dimension will take 2400 scanlines or 10,080,000 bytes or /1024 = 9844 Kb

Last edited:
VladCanada is correct. With today's files you definitely need a software based RIP system.

We have several used RIPs available which are Postscript Level 3 and PDF compatible. If you are interested in receiving a quote please visit our website by clicking on the link below then click on the Contact Us page to send us a message:

Harlequin RIP, Harlequin RIPs, Software RIP, NEW! Harlequin Software RIP Version 9

We can send you a customized quote for either a used or new RIP.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back