Agfa avantra 44s 168 error code at start up

68Shelby

We have a Avantra 44s and at start up it sometimes gives us a error code of 168 and sometimes it doesn't. Either way when we go to send film we get error 1 carriage jam. Sometimes we can turn the machine off and back on and all will be fine and other times we will have to unload film and move the carriage by hand some and restart, reload and it will be fine. The rest of the day it will be fine it's just at start up we have these issue's. Any ideas.

Hi sir, hope you are well
was his problem in Afga avanta 44s with error 168
that mean: NO times 4 carriages encoder pulses.
Problem with Hardware.
Have tech documentation , let me know
Blessing
[email protected]
cell+whatsAPP:+50588611441

I am not familiar with Agfa imagesetters, but I'll take a shot:
This may be a related to the carriage not locating it's Home Position.
Try to see or hear if the carriage is "Hunting" (moving back and forth) before it gives an error.
If that is the case, try locating the sensor that is responsible and make sure it's clean.
On my Dolev I sometimes (rarely) need to fine-tune the position of the locating pin.
You may have a similar case.

Sometimes it seems like the carriage didn't move at all and others it was in the home position. I fired it up this morning with the covers off and it moved to home position ok but still got the 168 error. Didn't try to send film since I had it unloaded already. If I just go past the 168 error when film is loaded and unload the film and reload it sometimes it's fine and other times it still gives a carriage jam error. That's when I have to shut the machine off after unloading film and moving the carriage out some and restarting and reloading. Sometimes just turning the machine off and back on lets it work fine. Thing is driving me nuts. I'm thinking it's a board going bad but not sure which one.

Your best bet is to open up the right side door, take off the carriage end cover, and defeat the interlock then watch to see what the carriage is or isn't doing.

Intermittent problems are related often to improper ambient conditions. Make sure Avantra works within its specifications for the temperature and the humidity. In some buildings poor power grounding may result in unstable machine behavior also. Consult your electrician and do the measurements. Cleaning carriage sensors is also good idea. When something works on the edge it is good idea to record machine behavior in the log. Some pattern may emerge, pointing appearance of the problem to one of the mentioned factors.

We have a Avantra 44s and at start up it sometimes gives us a error code of 168 and sometimes it doesn't. Either way when we go to send film we get error 1 carriage jam. Sometimes we can turn the machine off and back on and all will be fine and other times we will have to unload film and move the carriage by hand some and restart, reload and it will be fine. The rest of the day it will be fine it's just at start up we have these issue's. Any ideas.

Beside what have everyone specially Les Mentioned, the issue might be the film and the carriage and interaction of both during start up and film load. The best is to bypass the cover interlocks and watch what happens when you load the film at start up. It might be the carriage shroud act as an obstacle or the film touches one or both carriage shroud( Optic Covers) black metal heads. You can bend the head of these a bit if you find such an issue.

hope this will help!

Farshad

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back