Agfa Rapiline 66 won't slow down

FPI

We have an Rapiline 66 film processor that will only run at about 15 sec or faster So far all I've tried is changing the potentiometer hoping that was the problem, the person using the machine when the problem started tried to slow it down by turning the develope time dial so hard that it popped passed it normal range breaking something inside so it needed to be replaced anyways, but it acts exactly the same as it did with the old potentiometer.

Any help would be much appreciated and let me know if more details will help.

Also if someone could point me to towards a service manual that too would be great

This is obsolete machine, not supported by AGFA since July 1995.
I've never seen Service Manual for 66 in PDF and did not have as a booklet as well. :(
And as I know, that was not a potentiometer issue but Creep Speed Board problem

Last edited:
As far as i can remember there is a magnet and a reed switch on the drive gear on the motor,
perhaps the reed switch was knocked out of position and not sending back
pulses to board, it counts the revolutions of the gear and controls speed,

Can I assume that since it still shuts off automatically after so many revolutions that the magnet and reed switch are working properly?

I removed and cleaned the reed switch and cleaned the magnet, no change, DEV TIME control still seems to only work approximately between 10 and 12 sec

I turned the MAXIMUM RPM (Nmax) potentiometer to as slow as it goes and now it run at about 15 sec (no where near slow enough to develop film)

On a positive note I did find a PDF of the Instruction Manual and it looks to be farley extensive

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back