An hp indigo press 5000 and 5500 operation cost.

Hi,

I from Russia, my name is Sergey. I work as an hp indigo press 5000 and 5500 operator since 2006.

Except very high prices for new machines, it seems to us that we have very inconvenient conditions on materials and service contracts.

Except a payment for the printing (0.02 USD for one impression, 0.08 USD for 4+0 CMYK print sheet), we pay 2000 USD for repair every month. Under the click contract deliver only CMYK inks, Violet and Orange. For other Pantone inks for InkMixingSystem, White ink, DigitalMatt and other inks we pay separately.

It turns out that we pay twice, for inks and for impressions. It is very expensive.

I wish to ask you how you pay for inks and repair, how much does it costs for you?

Sergey.

[email protected]

Hi,

I from Russia, my name is Sergey. I work as an hp indigo press 5000 and 5500 operator since 2006.

Except very high prices for new machines, it seems to us that we have very inconvenient conditions on materials and service contracts.

Except a payment for the printing (0.02 USD for one impression, 0.08 USD for 4+0 CMYK print sheet), we pay 2000 USD for repair every month. Under the click contract deliver only CMYK inks, Violet and Orange. For other Pantone inks for InkMixingSystem, White ink, DigitalMatt and other inks we pay separately.

It turns out that we pay twice, for inks and for impressions. It is very expensive.

I wish to ask you how you pay for inks and repair, how much does it costs for you?

Sergey.

[email protected]

That's quite a bit cheaper than the "standard" contract rates in the UK, so I don't think you are doing too bad! I'm afraid they are expensive machines to run.

Click charge with service contract is much better than seperate consumables. The PIP, Blanket, Bid, ink, imaging oil, gold wire..... will be more expensive if you buy seperately and print full coverage. At least now, just need to focus on how to get more business and don't need to worry on the repairs.

Are you keeping track of system problems that cause waste so you can take credits off the click charges for the machine/system errors? How about charge-backs for your waste material due to the system faults?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back