Any experience Ricoh C5300s or C5210 ... Canon V900 ... KM C3070

billp

These machines are all in budget, service is equally good, CPC & terms identical.

Very few posts on Canon V700,800,900 anywhere.

We print 20000 s/s paper 900mm banners a month, they can all do this.
We print 5000 SRA3 coated d/s up to 300gsm per month. They can all do this.

We print massive solids I was told 700% coverage.
This probably what I'm most concerned about (esp @ 900mm).
We're coming from a KM C1060.

What would you do besides test, test, test?

thanks to many people who have posted their advice already

cheers bill

Last edited:
don't know about the other machines but if i'm not mistaken the C5300/10 will only print banner sheets of that length out of the bypass tray with the banner sheet extension fitted.
the bypass tray capacity is quite limited. maybe look at whether the rival machines are any better in that regard.

don't know about the other machines but if i'm not mistaken the C5300/10 will only print banner sheets of that length out of the bypass tray with the banner sheet extension fitted.
the bypass tray capacity is quite limited. maybe look at whether the rival machines are any better in that regard.
This is correct. I run banners on a 7210, but I opted for the vacuum banner tray, which is limited to about 27”, but also improves the supported paper weight.

At my old work we ran a lot of 34” sheets which I demoed on a 7210 with the bypass tray, and it was adequate for productivity. I’m not aware of a better solution for this size sheet in this class of machine.

What paper thickness are the 900mm sheets?

The KM C3070 was replaced with the C4070 over two years ago. Whilst it supports 900mm banners using the bypass tray, which is OK for small quantities, that's not a proper solution for running 20k banners per month, as you'll be constantly replenishing substrate. Also, in terms of registration on any machine, the bypass tray is inherently the weakest link.

If we were doing this quantity of 900mm banners each month, I'd opt for the C7090/C7100 with PF-812 air fed 3-drawer 900mm paper deck.

thanks
This is correct. I run banners on a 7210, but I opted for the vacuum banner tray, which is limited to about 27”, but also improves the supported paper weight.

At my old work we ran a lot of 34” sheets which I demoed on a 7210 with the bypass tray, and it was adequate for productivity. I’m not aware of a better solution for this size sheet in this class of machine.

What paper thickness are the 900mm sheets?
thanks - 90gsm bond

thanks for replying

i understand the only professional way to print these atm is on km 7000 series or higher with the pf812

i will double check but believe the c5300 with pro finisher & mt-761 (i think) can stack 300 x 80gsm bond and the 760 feeder tbc but both can handle much than 741/740

i' m perfectly happy with c1060 and a supported sheet of corflute at each. end but that's not doing much good for km's bottom line,

going to check out he low end v series later today...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back