Any software that can do this?

UK Printer

Is there any inexpensive software, that we can just drag a PDF into, and it spits out a new optimised PDF optimising the ink (toner) usage.

We've just been forced off a click deal with a kodak Nexpress 2500 , we're been put onto the ORC model and the toner cost is going to make the machine too expensive machine to run.

I thought if we could try and optimise our artwork to use as little ink as possible we could manage for a short while, minimise the losses until we can replace the machine with one on a pay per click basis.

Any help great fully received

Tim

Tim,
What you really need to do is operate as if you were still on a "click" charge. Unless they drastically increased the consumables or you paint the sheet all the time, it should be a close net-net. The first thing I would do is to come up with your yield on your average job. Then start calculating what your "cost per print is". In the end you will find a balance, some you make money, some you cover the cost. It's not any different that an offset press, you need to calculate how much ink, blanket, blanket cleaner, fountain solution, shop towels.... it will cost to run a job.

What do you mean - you were forced off the contract? First thing to do - please post the name for the dealer who practice this kind of @#$% so others may never buy anything from him or run away with the nearest upgrade.

how old is the machine? i would have thought being a high end piece of gear they would keep you on a click contract for at least 5 years.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back