Any suggestions about Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9280 PRO

Bobbreda

Hi, here an newbie looking fore some experience.

after some price quotes (KM C7000, Xerox 700 and 770 and Ricoh c951) our new Canon sales guy make us an quote for an new Canon C9280 PRO.
Here's the problem I can't find any topic about this machine.

Currently we're using an Oce cs620 aka KM 6500. It get's a little outdated as I've seen the newer machines.
Also the skewing by front and back printing on thicker stock is sometimes really horrible.

Have anyone a suggestion for this machine (C9280) or do we need to stay off this machine?
Any known problems etc...

Océ link to this machine:
Canon iR-ADV C9280 PRO Combining high quality prints with fast and versatile production capabilities

All info will be appreciated

I don't know about this particular model, but having worked at 2 shops that each had Canon C7000VP machines I can say that image quality is very good but reliability is ridiculously poor!

Tommyjt thanks for your reply.

So far I know the 6000 and 7000 serie are both imagepresses.

The 9280 is an imagerunner.
Get the idea that it's more an fast office machine or am I wrong?
Anyone...

From the specs, looks like it's just a "fast" office machine. Technology must be outdated, though. According to the specs, the heavier the paper weight, the slower the speed, to the point where at A3, Coated 300 gsm, it only produces at 11.6 pages per minute.

Also, again, according to the specs on the website, it will only auto-duplex up to 220 gsm (about 80# cover).

Not sure I'd put it in the same class as the C7000, the Xerox 770, or the C951. Their website calls it a "light production" printer, but, looks like just a hair over "office color" to me.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back