Any Xtension to make single page batch PDF from multiple Quark files?

What version of Quark are you at? If you are at version 7, it can export pages as separate PDF files ('Export pages as separate PDFs' checkbox on the 'Pages' tab of the 'Export' dialog box).

Cheers,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Any Xtension to make single page batch PDF from multiple Quark files?

We are at Quark 6.0.

Badia Exportools is working good for single document with multiple pages.

Whereas, my requirement is;

I'll give source & destination folder, the tool should automatically scan the source folder, open the doc and then make it as single page ps into destination folder.

Simillarly it should do for all quark files in the source folder.

Output Enhancements XTensions Software(Auto Mode) which is quark product is working, but the price is $2,499 (U.S. dollars), so it doesn't fit in our budget.

Please do suggest me to overcome this problem.

Thanks Guys!!!!

Daniel,

MadeToprint from axaio (www.axaio.com) should be able to process as you requested. I only know the InDesign Version that is capable to process all documents of a given folder. For this you do not need the Auto-Version, that is also available but out of your budget range as I judge from your last eMail.

I would assume that the version for XPress has the same processing features as the InDesign Version so you should give it a try.

BR

Peter

Try this method below, it will work for you but sadly isn't fully automated. It will however give you one pdf file from multiple ps files.

Search your hard drive for a file called "RunFilEx.ps". This should be in Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe PDF/Example files or Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Distiller/Example files. Open the file in a text editor and follow the instructions inside.

Basically this is a piece of postscript code which passes specific instructions to Distiller. Edit the lines in the file to include all your files in the order you require them, for example -

(Macintosh HD:Folder:Cover.ps) prun
(Macintosh HD:Folder:TOC.ps) prun
(Macintosh HD:Folder:Chapter1.ps) prun
(Macintosh HD:Folder:Chapter2.ps) prun
(Macintosh HD:Folder:Chapter3.ps) prun
(Macintosh HD:Folder:Index.ps) prun

and re-save the text file as mybook.ps (or whatever). Then drop mybook.ps onto distiller. You will end up with a single multipage pdf file called mybook.pdf in the same folder containing all your pages.

HTH

Regards, John.
RR Donnelley

You can create a relatively simple applescript based workflow to do this. I would recommend still Distilling the files before creating high res pdf. It's possible to write a script to create ps files once qxd's are dropped into a hot folder, pass them to a Distiller watched folder. Some features I have added with applescript is a banner placed across any images within a Quark file that are missing. You can also create "file-balancing" with applescript., ie if one Distiller watched folder is busy, send to another etc etc. We can discuss this in more detail if you wish. Although many people consider applescript as lightweight in comparison with other scripting languages, it is an ideal "integrator" of prepress activities. Indeed some 3rd party workflow solutions on the market such as Odystar have a dedicated "run applescript" gateway.

Axaio MateToPrint Auto XT is what you're looking for. It will process a folder full of Quark files, make single page PostScript/PDF and a host of other features.

Let me know if you want more information.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back