Anyone here using the Kodak Trillian plate?

pworlledge

If so please comment on what you think of it. Also if your using it for UV printing. Our Kodak Rep. is wanting us to use this plate for both purposes.

If so please comment on what you think of it. Also if your using it for UV printing. Our Kodak Rep. is wanting us to use this plate for both purposes.

I can put you in touch with reference accounts if you like - just let me know where you are located. I'm not sure if many of our Trillian users so far are members of PrintPlanet - but if you're here, speak up! :)

Trillian SP is rated for UV inks without the need for postbaking. It can be optionally baked if you're doing longer runs (rated for 150k unbaked with UV ink, but results will depend on a lot of customer-specific variables).

See this YouTube link for a bit of backup to those claims: YouTube - KODAK TRILLIAN SP Chemical Resistance Demonstrated

Kevin.

I think this is the base KODAK plate.

there are many others
ELECTRA and SWORD...depends upon your customer requirements...

TRILLIAN -> ELECTRA -> SWORD

Good Quality -> Better Quality -> Best Quality

This is what i have got when i had a meeting with KODAK sales team for my first CTP.

I think this is the base KODAK plate.

there are many others
ELECTRA and SWORD...depends upon your customer requirements...

TRILLIAN -> ELECTRA -> SWORD

Good Quality -> Better Quality -> Best Quality

This is what i have got when i had a meeting with KODAK sales team for my first CTP.

They told you the Sword is better than the Electra XD?

They told you the Sword is better than the Electra XD?

It depends on what their needs are.

Sword is better on presses using agressive alcohol-substitute founts or UV inks, due to higher unbaked solvent resistance. This is often the case in India in particular. (pure IPA is expensive and difficult to get in some countries, so local-made alcohol subs are common)

Electra XD is better for resolution - up to 10-micron FM. But - that's well beyond his needs. Sword will easily carry 175lpi and beyond.

So - for his needs I'd agree that Sword is a good choice. Trillian SP also is a good fit, but it's early days in India and we aren't locally recutting it there (yet).

Kevin.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back