Anyone know a good used press dealer in Philadelphia?

kevinphila

Hey Guys

Our Hamada 600 is on its last leg. I want a creampuff Ryobi 2800 without a T head or a comparable AB Dick direct feed that we are going to use to print envelopes.

I want a refurbished one with a warranty..... got burned once buying a used press and it was a nightmare.

Thanks for any help

Kevin

I am in California, so I cannot recommend a dealer in your area.

But be aware that no matter how good the equipment dealer recommendation, you should do your homework and go in knowing as much as you can about the make an model you are pursuing.

I once had used dealer try to tell me that the press serial number was the one on the Veeder-Root sheet counter. Little did he know that I was intimately familiar with the Chief 126 model that I was pursuing, as I had one on my shop floor that I had rebuilt myself and was looking for a second machine and knew exactly where to look for the serial number. I did buy the unit because it had exactly the wear and tear that I already knew how to repair. It ran fine after I did all the repairs that I had done to the first one. But I tell the story to warn you about the the used equipment dealer breed as a whole.

Al

Thanks Al. I got burned on a Hamada 660 a few years ago and it the seller took the money and ran. I got a generous trade in from Presstek since I was buying a new 9985 (Ryobi 3302m)

The direct feed presses are better for envelopes instead of the register boards right?

I had a good experience with Brooks Printing Equipment in North Carolina. It was a shrinkwrapper but Joe stayed on top of the transaction. There was a slight issue with the machine and he was willing to cover the repair but I fixed it myself and truthfully unless you ran the machine in production mode it would not have been seen. But a stand up guy to offer covering the repair. Past that, the majority of them that I have met are not trustworthy. They only want your money and could care less about what they are actually selling you. Al is absolutely correct in that you need to do your own homework or research before you take the plunge. When you say the Hamada is on its last leg, what do you mean? Those things just run and run and run and run. If it fits your market and have a competent operator running it, have you thought about bringing it up to speed? I am just a huge fan of fixing what you got since it is already on the floor and you know the history of it.

John Weaver

Advanced Print Technologies

Fred Goldwyn
East Providence, RI.

We bought a 40" press from these guys.
Honest and experienced.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back