Anyone upgrade from Nexus to AE10?

Just looking to find out about your experiences, positives and negatives, anything you discovered during the process that made you appreciate the upgrade (or not). Thanks!

I didn't think AE10 was ready for Nexus users and it wouldn't be until AE11 for Nexus. I thought AE10 was more for Backstage users.

Thats what I was told too. I believe they are going to be rolling out AE11, or the side of AE that will support Nexus users later this year.

My understanding from the roadshow is that, AE10.0 is for the backstage users. AE10.1, due out in a month or so (I believe) is for the Nexus Customers with the Nexus Artpro customers. AE10.2 due out next year is for the Odystar and Nexus PDF customers. hope this helps.

I know this discussion goes back a ways, but does anyone care to comment today on the New Nexus AE10 or Backstage? We are looking to upgrade but I want to know first of any issues or things I should be aware of.
Thanks so much!
Lynn

Lynnic

We are running the ArtPro Processor (in AE10.1.1) in stead of Nexus Processor.

Functionnalities seems to be the same, but the preview is gone.
Nexus had a great interface with activities and dependancies.
But in AE10, ArtPro Processor is just a task. During the process you see the current process in the state column in tasks.

Further we got some difficulties with decimals, which were incompatible.
But just log it to Esko, and they will fix it in the next release.

In fact I am very satisfied about the stable behavior of the ArtPro Processor.

Grtz

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back