APA - matching part of file name to part of pageset name

bumblebee

Kodak Automated Page Assignment. Anyone knows if APA can match part of the file name to part of the pageset name? I want to automatically assign pages of "636_PrintPlanet_Winter2020_final.pdf" to pageset named "F1-R1-PrintPlanet".

It's in the help files at http://[servername]:8083/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.kodak.prinergy.help.user.connect/r_APA.htm

This Page Set (Page Set Assignment mode only)
Indicates that this part of the page name is the same as the name of the page set or page set prefix to which the page will be assigned.

For example if you enter
ico_apa_this_pageset.gif
.p1.pdf, a matching wild card (
ico_apa_this_pageset.gif
) is inserted in the Page Set Name/Prefix column. Book.p1.pdf would be assigned to the Book page set.

I saw that. the part I want to match in in the middle of the pagesetname as colored in my original post.
I haven't tested it, but just tried creating an APA with wildcards before and after a text string and it allowed me to do that

it would be strange if there wasn't a way to match part of a page set name aside from the prefix.

I want one line of code that works on hundreds of different files and pagesets:
"636_PrintPlanet_Winter2020_final.pdf" to "F1-R1-363_CHICAGO"
"433_PrintPlanet_Winter2020_final.pdf" to "F1-R2-433_NEWYORK"
"123_PrintPlanet_Winter2020_final.pdf" to "F1-R3-123_SEATTLE"

it seems we're pretty limited in term of what are allowed in the ASSIGN statement for the page set: page_name, layer_number, position_number, and page_set_name or page_set_prefix. I think it should allow for custom parameters which make their product that much easier to work with and that much more powerful. For example:
"[#versioncode]_PrintPlanet_Winter2020_final.pdf" to "F1-R1-[#versioncode]_CHICAGO"

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back