Apogee 7 Trapping Issue

Seagull

Hello all, i am hoping some one can help with an answer for a trapping issue that i have stumbled upon. I have a job which prints in a solid brown spot colour that also requires a support brown bump of the same colour, there is reverse text through out the job so naturally i need a push back of the white text on the bump plate. When i process the job i make the solid brown the highest density and as always i put the bump at .5.
This has always worked out fine i thought until i noticed that as the reverse text for the bump spreads outward it is also making the text that will make the final edge a little smaller also. I have been trying different trap settings and i cannot find a way to make the reverse text in the solid brown stay the size as it would be if i processed the job with no trapping. The PDF link below shows the difference, on the left the white text is what will make the edge with the bump in back and on the right is the brown plate with no trapping. ( i have re colored the plates in Apogee to view the differences easier ). If some one can shed some insight on this i would be greatly appreciated. Also, we are using Apogee7

By the way__Happy Holidays Everyone !!!

David

Attachments

• Trap Issue.pdf
    48.5 KB · Views: 215
You've probably moved on but maybe this will help next time around. We're on Prinergy, not Apogee but face the same issue at times. We handle it by making the the top Pantone black and the bottom Pantone cyan. Our trapping rules will keep the white text sharp in the top Pantone (black) and swell the text in the bottom Pantone (cyan) with out any other modifications.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back