APOGEE - Linux Server

I don't think so. I think that Apogee runs on Windows Server. However, you could create a virtual machine on a box running a Linux OS and have the virtual machine run Apogee.

Apogee question

Apogee question

Will a full blown APOGEE System work with a Linux Server?

No, but you can get a free rate quote and save 25% with GEICO.

Okay, so - are you asking "Does AGFA develop and market a version of AGFA Apogee X that was designed to run on Linux ?"

No, and I would be shocked to learn that they would be developing something like that. Neither Global Graphics or Adobe seems to be developing Normalizers or RIPs on Linux.

AGFA.com - Apogee Suite

Or, are you simply asking "can we use our Linux Server and connect this to an Apogee workflow system which happens to be running on Windows?"

Well, of course - Yes. Apogee runs on Windows, but the data can live on Unix Servers, Linux Servers, Mac servers, etc...

Linux

Linux

I would love it if they would virtualize Apogee, but alas they use hardware/dongle licensing so no virtualization any time soon.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back