Apogee x media type error for Palldaio

peelprint

Hello,

We have a Palladio and we are using a apogeex 2.5 to set up a production plan, palladio is showing online and active, however when I create the production plan and add paladio in the plan as output, i get an error that "Media" or "Media Type" is incorrect and can not submit hot ticket. When I go into details, I am not able to select any values for media and media type fields. Can anyone help me with what I can do to fix this? where is the syster trying to reterive the media information? any help would be appeciated.

Thanks,
PeelPrint

The media type, which in this case is a plate definition, has to be present on PrintDrive and it has to be enabled, or "matched", to the platesetter.

Thanks for the info.. I don't have printdrive i'm running apogeex 2.5, do i also need printdrive. or do I just set the parameters for the plate that is in the pladdio CTP in appogeex? Thanks for the help, I appreciate the info as i'm new to this.

Thx

I didn't work with Apogee that far back, but I was under the impression that it was not capable of driving a platesetter directly. Does your system not have some kind of TIFF catcher between Apogee and the platesetter?

PrintDrive (Queue manager) that you use to plate sends the "matched" media back into Apogee. If there is no loaded (matched) media in PrintDrive there won't be any media loaded in PrintDrive TP (Apogee's task processors) in your system overview in your client. Attached my settings in PrintDrive Client and Media setting in Apogee System Overview (PrintDrive TP). This is confusing because the information is fed backwards into Apogee client.
Hope this helps.

Mark Thomas
Prepress Systems Lead
Tribune Publishing

Attachments

• CropperCapture[2].jpg
    CropperCapture[2].jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 185

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back