ApogeeX 4: Black Overprint

TP

Hello folks,
I have been give a PDF exported from QuarkXpress. Within the artwork there are black boxes that have been set to overprint by the authoring application. I do not want black fills to overprint.
My understanding is the black overprint settings you make in the Normalizer & Renderer will overrule all black overprint settings within the incoming file... this is not want is happening. All black boxes seem to retain there original overprint settings regardless of the TP settings.
Is a custom preflight profile required to Knockout all black fills to gain this control?

Thanks in advance,
CJ

My understanding is the black overprint settings you make in the Normalizer & Renderer will overrule all black overprint settings within the incoming file...
CJ,
Black overprint settings in Normalizer and Renderer will not effect on objects with overprint setting set to on. In case of PostScript file, you can use Force Knockout All option in Normalizer to ignore all overprints during PS-PDF conversion.

Is a custom preflight profile required to Knockout all black fills to gain this control?
To set overprint setting to off for certain objects within your PDF file you have to use Preflight TP with custom preflight actionlist.
Example of preflight actionlist to set overprint setting to off for "black" fills:

Select all
Select fill color (Gray=0%)
Select fill color (C=0;M=0;Y=0;K=100%)
AND
Set Fill overprint to off​

Hope it will help you.
Andrei Bezzub.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back