ApogeeX 4 - RGB conversion

TP

Hello folks,

I hate RGB.

How are Apogee users dealing with RGB objects in supplied PDFs?
Will you use the PDF Renderer to deal with the conversion or do you use a preflight solution to handle this situation?

If PDF Renderer: what profiles are being used for 'pleasing' colour separations?
Do you Tag or do you not Tag?
Are these conversions the same for Line-art as they are for Images?
what rendering intents to use?

I know I am asking for alot of info but if anyone could shed even just a little light on this topic it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
CJ

We are normally working with PDFx1a because we share jobs with others that do not have AGFA system. We have tested RGB images in RIP, and works fine. I assume untagged data to be sRGB, and honour taggs included. MAinly because those systems that do not tagg usually assume sRGB to be the only RGB (efi, microsoft, consumer, www, screen dumps, cameras etc)

Thanks again for your response Lukas. This information is very helpful. I was doing some tesing with the PDFrenderer last night and come up with a few acceptable results. I was a little worried about honouring tags but I will try it.

Thanks,
CJ

If you don't honour taggs and a Prophoto or some other geeky RGB slipps through you'll get freeaky colours. (personally I disable CMYK but I also have a setting to convert CMYK and preserve black…Â*works as an InkLimit, with the exception that it does not take into consideration overprinting objects)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back