Are there G7 certified ink stes in UV & Conventional

REYES1377

Hopefully all you ink Techs can shed some light on this for me. I have been told that our press room needs a G7 certified ink. Is there such a thing? Or what would get a set in the Paramiters that G7 requiers? Thanks.

Hopefully all you ink Techs can shed some light on this for me. I have been told that our press room needs a G7 certified ink. Is there such a thing? Or what would get a set in the Paramiters that G7 requiers? Thanks.

No such thing. G7 is a methodology.
You want an ink that conforms to ISO 12647-1 and ISO 2846-1

Gordo

Last edited:
It really gets me crazy when other ink vendors claim to have a "G7 Certified Ink." I wish they would learn the proper terminology.

What Gordo is saying is 100% accurate. Actually, I'd be more concerned with ISO-12647-2, not 12647-1. One relates more to mass tone/ink in the can and the other relates to ink on the printed sheet.

I'm sure that all of your local Los Angeles Ink manufacturers make UV inks to conform to those standards. Your supply houses, ink distributors, and ink resellers may not be on the ball as far as having the abilities to evaluate 12647-2 and ISO 2846-1 and to know what proper L*a*b* values to even be aiming for.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back