Automation Engine and MIS integration

bobtucker

Does any body have any experience integrating AE with efi Pace? If so, I would love to pick your brain about some of the particulars.

Thanks you in advance!

ePace does export JDF. I wonder if there is any communication back to ePace from AE. Estimate vs Actual reporting? Ability to generate change orders when files don't match the jdf information? Those are a few idea we would love to implement if possible.

If you get a sample JDF from ePace I would be happy to test it on our sandbox AE12. As far as reporting back, AE12.2 does have a task called Integrate with Database. This would allow you to send back information to a external database. Not sure if you have the ability to write to ePace databases. Normally MIS systems do not like 3rd party systems writing into their database. In the past I have written data to a separate database, then via query from MIS I can combine MIS information with other information in the database.

If you get a sample JDF from ePace I would be happy to test it on our sandbox AE12. As far as reporting back, AE12.2 does have a task called Integrate with Database. This would allow you to send back information to a external database. Not sure if you have the ability to write to ePace databases. Normally MIS systems do not like 3rd party systems writing into their database. In the past I have written data to a separate database, then via query from MIS I can combine MIS information with other information in the database.

This is definitely the best way to sync databases.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back