Avantra 25E & Accuset 1000 -Lock the Laser?

masters

Hi,

We are moving into a new building in about one month.
We need to take the two AGFA imagesetters listed in the subject line with us.

I've been told that the lasers need to be "locked down" in order to safely transport the imagesetters.
I have NO IDEA how to do this.
These were here when I started (10 years), and I see nothing in the manuals.

Is this really necessary? If so, does anyone know how to do this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Rob

I am sure it's not rocket science once you know how to do it. But if you don't, it would be prudent to bring in a qualified service tech to do it. He can probably show you how to do the unlock after the move. But bear in mind that these machines may need to be leveled with a sensitive level gauge in their new location, and that's something else the qualified tech can do for you.

Unless you are in a very remote location, it's not going to cost a fortune.

Al

The Accuset does not need locking down at all so long as you leave the supply cassette in place.
The Avantra 25 will need the carriage locked down so that it does not slide from one end of the machine to the other which will damge the machine. If yo give me your email I can email you a couple of pages frem the manual which will show you exactly what to do.

The information about the AccuSet is correct. Just be careful not to bang it around during the move. If the Avantra has an OLP with it, a complete deinstall / reinstall should be considered with a qualified company. If you have not had a PM in awhile, this is a good time to have the equipment looked at and taken care of as well. Issues can come up even with someone with experience, is it worth the extra time and cost to save a few dollars trying to make the move yourself?

To suggest that you have someone come in just to lock it down and you unlock it after the move makes no sense. This is business, have it done right...

We can handle the move for you if you would like to contact me. If you are not in an area that we service, I will recommend a company that I know can do the job for you and do it right.

Don

Another tip always move this type of equipment using a truck with AirRide suspension, even locked down carriages won't stop a bumpy journey damaging this type of equipment at great expense.

My advise is get AGFA or company that has experience moving this equipment, it will save you money in the long run.

Thanks for all the replies, I REALLY appreciate the info.
I will try to contact everyone that offered help.

laser lock

laser lock

You need to lock the carriage at the Avantra 25. Open the left side door, take out the black lightshield and pull the carriage towards you. You will see a hole for a screw wich should be left inside the machine after first installation. Lock the carriage with the screw, thats all.
The Accuset don`t need any transport lock, only take out the input cassette because of the motor.

You need to lock the carriage at the Avantra 25. Open the left side door, take out the black lightshield and pull the carriage towards you. You will see a hole for a screw wich should be left inside the machine after first installation. Lock the carriage with the screw, thats all.
The Accuset don`t need any transport lock, only take out the input cassette because of the motor.

I was not here when the machine was installed.
There is NO screw inside the machine.

Are these available for purchase anywhere?

Thanks

While it is not difficult to lock down the drum, do you want the business to be down while you wait for someone to come in for repairs if there is a problem after the move? Or is it better to have someone who is qualified help with the move, PM the machine and make sure you are back in business as quick as possible. We all have to support each other in business these days. What are the do-it-yourself folks going to do when there is nobody left to support them when they really need it?

Help moving an accuset 800+

Help moving an accuset 800+

Hi, I have a client that needs to move an accuset 800 +, do you know of a company that will do the work to make sure that it is operational at arrival. I am in Montreal, Québec, Canada.
Thanks

Only one part of Accuset is recommended to tie down - Supply cassette Motor,
....and avoid vibrations when transport the imagesetter.
I bet you'll never find the moving company with Field Service experience :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back