Avantra 25S - Error in the output file

leogregol

Hello staff,
First I apologize for my bad English, I'm Brazilian and not much to know English ...
Come to my problem ... Recently acquired a Avantra 25s used in another company here in Brazil.
On the day of installation the technician made some tests of printing, all out perfect. He disassemble the machine to perform the cleaning in and set up again, did a little test, calibration, and printing is still perfect ...
Was disconnected and the machine during night and the next day the machine started presenting small problems.
In files containing photos and vectors in closed PS Level 3 image leaving all serrated and inclined, as in the photos attached ...
PDF/X-1a was tried in the pattern, this time to print out perfect. Have not done the same with only a vector file.
Was performed several tests of different methods of closing the file, that file was closed and printed the same way twice, the first came out perfect, the second showed the same mistake, and accused the panel of communication error rip, but even the work completed and recorded in photolite.
If anyone can help, would be very grateful if anyone has seen this type of problem and know or at least find where the error is, I help ...
I asked for technical support, but not right he knows what may have caused ...
He thinks it is a mistake on the card in the printer that makes communication with RIP ...

dsc07085sj3.jpg
[/URL]
dsc07086eb3.jpg

Note the way that left the mark.
dsc07089by2.jpg

This picture behind the comparison between the file that was presented and the error file to print correctly ...

I await your help!

Is the film direction of travel through the machine upwards ? Do you have any POST errors during booting, does the machine initialize ok at start-up ?
My first hunch was 'spinner problem' but I don't think it's the case here, I would say data buffering or flimsy communication from APIS. Run a density calibration built-in test, if it comes out ok then the first thing I would replace the APIS board with a known-good one. If not, the DEC controller would be next candidate for test replacement.

+1 to maxon's opinion.
Looks like technician used only calibration test but not the real customer's job output.
My extra 2 canadian cents:
Check the connection of the APIS cable from Avantra to PC with RIP
Try to keep the cable straight near the plug.
Put the RIP board (called PAC or UPAC) into another slot of your PC

Hi,Sir:
I think u can ouput test in OCP board frist,if it is ok,then The Apis board or other pciinterface fautly ,it is 100%,so u must test yours avantra25s,if u have more problem,pls tell me
I hope i can help u and solve it

Didn't catch what RIP you are using, this may be important. Also the details about the type of board in the RIP computer, the type of computer and the memory in the computer, for a start. It could indeed be the RIP's interface board, or even some of the settings in the RIP.

kernk
CompuDoc
www.c-doc.com

Avantra 25S Output problem

Avantra 25S Output problem

Have you resolved you problem.

I have Xante OpenTip driving a Avantra 25S and I'm also seeing this output issue at two companies. Any recommendations?

Is there anyway to send a 1-bit tiff to the imagesetter directly bypassing this rips interface card and connection?

<<Is there anyway to send a 1-bit tiff to the imagesetter directly bypassing this rips interface card and connection?>>
No ways, jmascolo. All image data/info come to Avantra through RIP interface PAC/UPAC board and APIS cable. All other types of connectors onboard - just for service and factory tests purposes.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back