Avantra 44 error 149

Hi,
The motor spins for a short time and stops.
This indicates the problem is not in the motor part of the spinner.
It means there is something wrong with your encoder feedback.
The DEc board does not "see" the correct signals and stops.
I would think about cleaning the encoder of the spinner motor first.
It is a glass encoder , so be carefull.
And while you are there , checkt he small signal cables at the back of the motor for damage.

w3112

We have an Avantra 25 still in use (just though). The 149 Error came up first time I started the machine in 25 Jan 2000 and the last time it happened was December 2008. We had a new control chip installed on the top of the spinner section from that increased the power to start the spinner motor. I looked back on my spinner log and sometimes it took 7 restarts to get the spinner motor running. The last time back in Dec 2008 it took 5 restarts to get the spinner to go. Just lately we've been using the Avantra for Pos film output and no probs at all even after 1 year with no starts at all, touch wood it keeps going.

We have an Avantra 25 still in use (just though). The 149 Error came up first time I started the machine in 25 Jan 2000 and the last time it happened was December 2008. We had a new control chip installed on the top of the spinner section from that increased the power to start the spinner motor. I looked back on my spinner log and sometimes it took 7 restarts to get the spinner motor running. The last time back in Dec 2008 it took 5 restarts to get the spinner to go. Just lately we've been using the Avantra for Pos film output and no probs at all even after 1 year with no starts at all, touch wood it keeps going.

Basically, what you are trying to say is your Service Engineers upgraded the Carriage Board to a higher revision firmware according to Agfa R&D. Your problem with Avantra 25 was due to the bugs in the firmware or croupted firmware. Agfa Engineers where informed to upgrade carriage chip on all Avantra 25. In his Avantra 44, the problem might me from the Carriage board , but not the Carriage PCB firmware due to bugs. However, this can happen if the Firmware on carriage was croupted. I feel the Spinner has to be checked first as carriage board trys to supply the Spinner with the current, but encoder fail to count the pulses.The Spinner on Avantra 25 has different RPM compared to Avantra 44.In most cases I found the spinner itself was causing the problem.
The easiest way is to take the Spinner to another Avantra 44 and connect it to the Carriage PCB with door's Interlock bypassed. The best is to measure the encoder pulses with an oscilloscope as not many Avantra 44 owners will let him test his spinner on their machines.

#1-Spinner,#2- Carriage PCb and#3 DEC board have to be checked for this issue.

Last edited:
CompuDoc also has everything you need. 877-983-8800

Your problem, as suggested above, is most probably a dirty encoder on the back of the spin motor, or a bad spin motor.

I strongly agree with those who said you need a personal visit by a good tech.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back