Avantra 44 OLP DOOR OPEN Message?

Clark

Registered Users
We are experiencing an error on our film processor.
LCD Displays DOOR OPEN on boot up and intermittently during the day. Sometimes I can get the error to go away by just doing multiple restarts. and sometimes it will just go away on it's own after some time passes.
I've checked all the covers are closed. I don't know exactly what door it is referring to.
I'm pretty sure that all the safety switches for the top covers have been bypassed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Imagesetter = AVANTRA 44
Processor = AVANTRA 36/44 OLP

Is there any dirt or muck on the sensors for the doors? (I don't know your equipment but guessing this as this can be a cause on most kit).

Are these only mechanical switches? Have you tried bypassing (making them closed manually) as a test only of course!

Top cover safety switches - root of problem.
From my practice: roughly dropping covers or attempts to shift them caused plactic guides at switches broken and corrosion of contacts by evaporation of DEV and FIX as the second reason.
Bypass them without any doubt!

Last edited:
We are experiencing an error on our film processor.
LCD Displays DOOR OPEN on boot up and intermittently during the day. Sometimes I can get the error to go away by just doing multiple restarts. and sometimes it will just go away on it's own after some time passes.
I've checked all the covers are closed. I don't know exactly what door it is referring to.
I'm pretty sure that all the safety switches for the top covers have been bypassed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Imagesetter = AVANTRA 44
Processor = AVANTRA 36/44 OLP

This could be generated from CPU board and not the sensors. Open the electronics box and let the pcbs to be cooled down. Unplug / plug in the power cord and restart the machine. Does the open door message goes away?

I've been unable to check this open door error for now because now I'm experiencing a different problem. After unplugging and plugging back in. the control panel does initialization of flashing 3 sets of numbers then screen goes blank.then when I push the power button on the control panel to start up, screen stays blank but there is a high tone alarm that is steady and it goes on forever. When I push the power button to turn off it does not respond. the only way to get it to stop is to turn it off completely at the power cord.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Thanks

I've been unable to check this open door error for now because now I'm experiencing a different problem. After unplugging and plugging back in. the control panel does initialization of flashing 3 sets of numbers then screen goes blank.then when I push the power button on the control panel to start up, screen stays blank but there is a high tone alarm that is steady and it goes on forever. When I push the power button to turn off it does not respond. the only way to get it to stop is to turn it off completely at the power cord.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Thanks

Yes it does! Replace the display. It has gone with the wind. Keep the old one in stock for the rainy day.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back