Avantra OLP30 Electrical Drawings

santos

Hello everyone,

First of all i would like to thank everybody who helps out in this forum as i have always been given very good suggestions and solutions, yet i sometimes never get the chance to reply back to the person who gave the solution with my thanks :)

Ok so our Avantra's developer bath is not heating up and we are nearly sure it is a circuit problem as the heater and relevant sensors are OK, yet we strangely lack any electrical drawings for the circuitry. We got a technician yet he does not wish to work in the "blind" without any basic drawings.

Can anyone help me for this or at least suggest an online location where i can find some info?

Thanks in advance!

Santos

Seen similar problems twice already along the years with Av25 and 30 OLPs, your chances to fix it are basically zero. New Luth computer board I'm afraid. Even board level diags is difficult... troubleshooting goes by replacing with known good Luth PCB please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Santos,

I have to ask how you know the heater and sensors are ok. I will assume that you swapped them out with the Fixer..

Maxon you are very incorrect. If all seems to be working except the Dev. heater it is a good probability the relay on the Power Board is bad. This is a replaceable component although a pain, but so is replacing the power bd. as a whole,

Guys, you are wrong!
There are NO Relay contacts in the Schematic diagram to drive any heater - just only simmetrical thyristors (AKA TRIACs) to drive the heaters, so... NO sparks to wear the contacts in here, relays work for Motor and Pumps only!

Last edited:
My apologies to Santo. Thanks for the correction Vlad, I answered this one with to much hast and not enough thought.

Maxon you are very incorrect. If all seems to be working except the Dev. heater it is a good probability the relay on the Power Board is bad. This is a replaceable component although a pain, but so is replacing the power bd. as a whole

Ok then please let me explain in greater detail, what I found in several cases was the opamps circuitry associated with heater sensors gone bust. In one case was an intermittent layer fault inside the PCB impossible to track down but responded to freezing/heating that particular pcb area, I gave up. VladCanada who is a very experienced engineer (cheers) already pointed out that o/p switching is on triacs. If someone like Santos wants to dive into PCB level repair the only chance is to trace down the voltages in opamp area, also check the trimmers. I won't say that Luth PCBs were not very reliable just that I had a few problems with several machines that's all perhaps due to marginal cooling of the Luth box... sealed metal dissipating through walls and that internal fan only mixes the hot air inside... just a thought.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back