Barcode Inventory Systems

mattf

Hey all:

Just wanted to ask around if anyone had a barcode system in place to track inventory. Wanted to get opinions and try to start researching into a solution for designating incoming inventory into a barcode tracking system. This mainly has to do with paper inventory and trying to create a system for our stock room manager to utilize more efficiently then what is used now.

What is used right now you may ask? Literally nothing. All of the specific paper is in his head, counts are probably wrong but we have nothing to keep track of that. Our stock room manager also does paper cutting, shop maintenance, deliveries and a plethora of other things. Creating a barcode system to me would be a simple solution for him to spend certain amount of time a day keeping track of everything and having an accurate inventory for the rest of the company to use.

Again, any company or product that has worked for you or that you know of would be most helpful!

Barcode system would help you and your stockroom out tremendously. And it will allow anyone with a computer at your shop to know what is on hand as long as you track usage from production area and subtract from inventory.
We use a barcode system at work on almost all of our materials. as for a specific system I cant give you a name but I can try to find out for you. Or you can do a web search for Barcode Inventory Control and Inventory Tracking

It would be most helpful to get people's first hand opinions or expertise on what products are out there that do the best work. Thanks for the initiative!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back