Best 11x17 Color Laser Printer

graphicsource

Not sure if this is the right forum or not. If not, please point me in the right direction and I'll repost there.

I am looking for these capabilities...
11x17 (doesn't HAVE to bleed)
Color Laser (decent quality, no inkjet)
Network compatible
Postscript 3 (no emulation)
12pt matte stock
12pt C1S stock
100# glossy stock
2 sided (duplex optional)
#10 envelopes (not a deal breaker)
Magnets (optional)
Budget less than $5,000
Consumable price consideration

We are a small print shop, and we seem to be getting more and more 4 color work. It doesn't have to be a huge workhorse, I just want to be able to print a 1,000 business cards, letterhead, envelopes, flyers, postcards, brochures and more. I've been using VistaPrint and Zoo printing, and I am tired of paying someone else, waiting, and then when I get the printing, the color is bad, or it is trimmed incorrectly, or the envelopes are sticking. I want to control the pricing, timeline, color and finishing.

I'm not opposed to leasing a machine, so feel free to explore those options as well.

Thanks in advance!
Sherry

You might find that once you introduce a digital printer you start to move more offset work to it. Letterhead will not work on a laser, even with our Xante at the fuser temps required to make LH work with toner the paper comes out in a scroll.

By 100# gloss do you mean 100# cover or text? If I was you I would look into getting a used x700 or km6500 for $10,000-$15,000 and become more serious with your jump into digital. At $5,000 it will be hard to be profitable with crappy registration (good luck cutting those business cards), poor image quality, slow speeds, high consumable costs and limited stock choices.

If you really REALLY only want to spend a few grand then go with an OKI 9650, probably around $3,500. Will print 12x18 up to 300gsm.

I have 10+ oki c9800GA with afi fiery print controller, all with less than 25000 pages on the counter. $1700. Can ship nationwide.
If you decide to consider previous post and go serious, I have KM bizhub pro c65hc with 230k, awesome machine, Creo server, lcc, finisher, $17000.

We have a Xerox 5252 with low clicks and fits most of the specs you are looking for (will print 12.5" x 19"). Has always been under service contract. Has a Fiery rip. What part of the country are you in? Freight costs can be a little pricey. We are in Arizona. Will let it go for close to the price you mentioned.
Also have a large slitter, scoring, perforation machine, and a large 28" guillotine cutter. Will do a package deal for all 3 pieces.
Tried sending a private message through this system but it would go through. If you (or anyone else is interested you can write me at [email protected]

Last edited:
We are a small shop with 1 offset press and several BW copiers.
We have a Xerox 550 COLOR that does pretty much all you mentioned (not sure about magnets - never tried them) and we are very happy with it. This is our third Xerox - we lease them and trade-up about every three years. One nice thing about them, is that we are on an island in Alaska so service is difficult (at best) but these machine parts are pretty much "plug n play".
Xerox Color 560/570 Printer For Digital Color Printing

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm still looking into it. So many options. Keep the suggestions coming though. Thanks a bunch!

We just installed a Xerox 550 with Fiery and light production finisher last week. Very happy with it so far.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back