Best Chemical Free CTP for Small Printing Company

digitalplace

I run a small printing company that has a Heidelberg QM 46-2 for our 1 and 2 color work with average jobs under 5M impressions. We currently have a DPM 2340 from PressTek and are looking to upgrade to a chemical free solution. The quality of the DPM is fine for our customers and we want something that is of equal quality. We would however like a more reliable product with lower operating costs. Offset printing is about 30% of our business and we do not plan on bringing in a larger press anytime soon.

There is a lot of talk about the inkjet CTP solutions and also the Oki printer. I am open to peoples thoughts on what is out there and worth pursuing.

If you have any specific questions please let me know and I will try to answer them.

Thank you for your thoughts and insight.

Michael

Chemistry Free Metal Plate CTP

Chemistry Free Metal Plate CTP

I work for Glunz & Jensen. We have equipment that should fit your needs perfectly. Ours is an inkjet system, chemistry free, metal plates. We have a lot of experience in this area and have over 500 systems installed worldwide. If you would like more information, please go to our website: Home | PlateWriter.com. You can contact us through there.

We will be testing and evaluating the ictp from Glunz and Jensen in the next few weeks. If you would like some specific conclusions regarding dot structure, registration and printability, please e.mail me at [email protected] and i will be glad to send you some output samples when they are done.

thanks,

pre press gramps

We just installed a VIM DTP Inkjet system about a month ago. So far, great system. We produce plates for our Ryobi 2800, 3200 and Komori 226. Registration is excellent and the Support has been outstanding. Might want to check them out also. Just my 2 cents worth! Good Luck!!

Happyprinter I have seen the VIM system and it looks very interesting. Did you buy direct from VIM or through someone else? Are you using the poly plates and standard Epson ink. Also I think that someone had mentioned something about a lawsuit with VIM. Do you know anything about that? What did you compare the VIM to and what made you choose that system?

Thanks again for your thoughts and time.

Michael

Likewise, small printshop

We are also a very small printshop with about 70% offset 30% digital. We have been using a xante platemaker 5 for about 3+ years now with few regrets. The only thing I can say bad about it is the screens tend to break down on longer runs. Since we were converting a lot of work to digital this solution worked well for us. Before we got the machine we were shooting hardcopy with a camera. Now without the cost of film, chemistry our overhead dropped quite a lot. Hope tis helps you.

rmh1013 which Xante do you have? How light a screen can it carry and how long can the plate hold up before it starts to break down. Thanks for your insight.

Michael

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back