Best Folder with Scorer for my situation

Technifold

Technifold

When I bought my Technifold scores 2 years ago I paid $1450.00 for each set. And I bought 3 at one time. Sorry to steal this thread but the price of these things are getting ridiculous. If the originator of this is reading the thread, do some research on the pricing of these things.

Good luck,

The reason the price went up was because of the NEW technology, you have the EASY FIT VERSION, the new version is the FAST FIT version they have split rib technology just as a split slitter would. Your solid O rings take a bit more time to change. It may be an expensive unit, but they do outstanding work, and these units just sell themselves.

I have ran into at least a handful of people who use the score you refer to, and guess what they order the TECHNIFOLD VERSION anyway, it outperforms....!!!!! The other version gets stuffed in a drawer never to be used again.

I have ran into at least a handful of people who use the score you refer to, and guess what they order the TECHNIFOLD VERSION anyway, it outperforms....!!!!! The other version gets stuffed in a drawer never to be used again.

Well I beg to differ, I had samples sent out to Baum before I bought the folder, they sent them to Technifold and to Ultimate Score, the Technifold looked as if they used the standard steel score at best, the Ultimate Score beat them hands down! Sorry, you just can't make across the board statements. For my folder, print engine and paper the Ultimate Score was clearly the better option. We fold cross grain 100lb gloss cover printed digitally with heavy coverage without any issues.

Well I beg to differ, I had samples sent out to Baum before I bought the folder, they sent them to Technifold and to Ultimate Score, the Technifold looked as if they used the standard steel score at best, the Ultimate Score beat them hands down! Sorry, you just can't make across the board statements. For my folder, print engine and paper the Ultimate Score was clearly the better option. We fold cross grain 100lb gloss cover printed digitally with heavy coverage without any issues.

Beg to differ all you want Craig. Explain to me why there is as I stated above a handful of people who stuff it in a drawer because the units are not providing everything you say it will. Either way, one person's opinion makes no difference to me. The way these products sell without any returns because of poor quality amaze me. Thanks again for your opinion, but again THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING!!!

Beg to differ all you want Craig. Explain to me why there is as I stated above a handful of people who stuff it in a drawer because the units are not providing everything you say it will. Either way, one person's opinion makes no difference to me. The way these products sell without any returns because of poor quality amaze me. Thanks again for your opinion, but again THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING!!!

Technifold is good. So is an econocreaser. These products make things easier for the operators. Actually I have run an Ultimate Score and really could not see a difference. The quick change scores are really just a way to market the system and add more return on the product for Technifold. I only have the Technifold because of the company I get them from and they worked with me when I opened the doors at On Demand. It still comes down to the operator of the machine. It is still not all about the scoring to get a crack free fold. But I can't blame you for debating your product. It is your job. Just don't expect my checkbook to open up anytime soon........

Technifold is good. So is an econocreaser. These products make things easier for the operators. Actually I have run an Ultimate Score and really could not see a difference. The quick change scores are really just a way to market the system and add more return on the product for Technifold. I only have the Technifold because of the company I get them from and they worked with me when I opened the doors at On Demand. It still comes down to the operator of the machine. It is still not all about the scoring to get a crack free fold. But I can't blame you for debating your product. It is your job. Just don't expect my checkbook to open up anytime soon........

Understood. We are also a dealer for SAA the inventor of (Side Air Assist). Do you have MBO Continuous feed folders, if so you are a candidate for this product. It is an electronic fanning system especially if your doing heavy stocks and acqeous coatings etc. SAA SIDE AIR ASSIST Will this open the check book :) :)?? See you Craig.

Understood. We are also a dealer for SAA the inventor of (Side Air Assist). Do you have MBO Continuous feed folders, if so you are a candidate for this product. It is an electronic fanning system especially if your doing heavy stocks and acqeous coatings etc. SAA SIDE AIR ASSIST Will this open the check book :) :)?? See you Craig.

Heck no. But I will tell you this. If you ever want to fix the problems of your scoring system you sell for the Cover Decks on Saddle Stitchers, open up YOUR check book and look me up. And in case you think that is a bogus claim, that is awesome. Good luck and good times.........

Heck no. But I will tell you this. If you ever want to fix the problems of your scoring system you sell for the Cover Decks on Saddle Stitchers, open up YOUR check book and look me up. And in case you think that is a bogus claim, that is awesome. Good luck and good times.........

OK, what ever, good times to you as well.

Ok, if it is the Chevy you want, it will be the Chevy you get. Remember me when your ready for the Cadallac!!!!!!!!:D

Next time you dish out your snazzy comeback make sure you spell it right...
It's Cadillac not Cadallac :D

Also a Cadillac and a Chevy are for all intensive purposes the same car. You are only paying for the name and a bunch of fancy useless gizmos like driver seat memory. A better analogy would have been to use BMW versus Chevy.

Now I am interested in which scorer unit is better for KM 6501 output. I also find it curious when I talked to the MBO dealer and a Rosback dealer they both promote the Ultimate product for digital work. Maybe this is due to price, but maybe both companies feel that the Ultimate product is better for digital color work. I would like to here from more people who used both products that can weigh in on the pros and cons of both units.

Next time you dish out your snazzy comeback make sure you spell it right...
It's Cadillac not Cadallac :D

Also a Cadillac and a Chevy are for all intensive purposes the same car. You are only paying for the name and a bunch of fancy useless gizmos like driver seat memory. A better analogy would have been to use BMW versus Chevy.

Now I am interested in which scorer unit is better for KM 6501 output. I also find it curious when I talked to the MBO dealer and a Rosback dealer they both promote the Ultimate product for digital work. Maybe this is due to price, but maybe both companies feel that the Ultimate product is better for digital color work. I would like to here from more people who used both products that can weigh in on the pros and cons of both units.

For some different input start a new thread. This one is kind of too far along in a somewhat different direction to get your the most information from the forum. Like I said, it is not all about the scoring system you use. Anyone who sells you the creasing units that wants to argue that statement is no more than a vacuum cleaner salesman.

CSimpson,
I do score and fold for another shop that has a KM6500, the Ultimate Score works just fine for that too. I will add that the paper is slick as snot after it's imaged on the KM6500!

As an update, we ended up getting a used T-49. It came with a special scoring wheel for cover stock (not Tricreaser or Ultimate Score) that seems to be handling our 80# Cover stock fine. So far we are pretty happy with it. If I see it cracking too much, I will probably end up getting either an Ultimate Score or a tricreaser solution.

As an update, we ended up getting a used T-49. It came with a special scoring wheel for cover stock (not Tricreaser or Ultimate Score) that seems to be handling our 80# Cover stock fine. So far we are pretty happy with it. If I see it cracking too much, I will probably end up getting either an Ultimate Score or a tricreaser solution.

The most important thing obviously is you have found a solution for a problem you were having. We welcome your call should you decide the Tri - Creaser is the way to go should another cracking issue because of paper stock becomes a problem.

Have a great weekend.:D

That my friend is a workhorse. You can PM if you want but there is some simple maintenance stuff you can do. As for the scoring, keeps your eyes open on ebay. There was a Technifold setup on there for the 30mm shafts dirt cheap. The older metal scores can work fine. You have to stay on top of maintence on the knife shafts for good scoring. You could not have picked a better machine for the money.

It's gone - They had a patent infringement on the tri-creaser. Open the wallet and dig real deep for a set of tri-creasers!!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back