Best Ink / Blankets /Spectrometer

ALB

We have recently purchased a slightly used QMDI press. I am looking for input as to best Ink and blankets. I am looking at trying Toyo inks next. We are aslo looking for a spectrometer that won't break the bank.

I had the best luck with toyo. I would change between low and medium tack depending on the stock. on high gloss and plastics/vinyl I would use low and on uncoated I would use medium. trial and error to see what gives you the best in your shop.

Toyo is a solid product! From conventional to UV inks. Hyplus 100 is the set I use. Really solid, consistant, and stable!

try Gans "front range plus" waterless ink,
stronger pigment load, traps very high, dries very fast,
good all around value in my opinion.

Another vote for Toyo. We switched to Sun for a while but came back to Toyo. Make sure the ink tack is correct for your shop environment and the chiller is at the right temperature. Watch for Magenta toning on long runs (>20K) when temperature rises up a bit though.

We use the "red" Heidelberg blankets which cost a bit more than the regular "blue" ones. Sorry don't know the name. No issues so far.

Spectro is X-Rite DTP41 autoscan. Nice when you don't have to measure each patch by hand when you're calibrating and writing profiles.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back