Beta PitStop Preflight Profile for conversion of Office based PDF files.

abc

Here's a beta PitStop Preflight profile for fixing and correcting office based PDF files.

It requires PitStop 12 update 2 as a minimum.

Over a hundred people have downloaded it so far and I've had some great feedback. We have a few more tweaks we want to do before releasing it so please have a try and give us any feedback. Details below.

https://esko.box.com/s/flivjr6mtp9qc5vfcleh

It’s not really much of a preflight profile as it really just fixes files, it’s based on the premiss that anything from an Office application is going to be RGB with no bleed and some questionable content, and then does it’s best to make it work.

The Preflight Profile creates a PDF/X-4 file with live transparency and uses the ISO coated v2 ICC profile as a output intent.

Other things it does
Converts all content to CMYK, but keeps Black on the K separation.
Makes sure Black overprints where necessary.
Adds correct PDF Page Boxes and Crop Marks
Adds Bleed where possible.
Ensures thin lines are a printable thickness
Flattens form fields so they are printable
Makes sure white objects knockout
Ensures the transparency blend space is CMYK.

What it will preflight
Once it’s made all these fixes the preflight will take place. This will check for.
Empty pages
Makes sure the pages are all the same size
Makes sure there are no objects close to the trim edge
Checks for the presence of bleed
Checks for the use of transparency (just so you know it’s used)
Checks for missing fonts
Checks images are above 250dpi

You can post any feedback, PM me or mail me at [email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back