Bizhub c6501 stops periodically

pacart

We've got a bizhub 6501 with almost a million clicks on it. Lately it just stops printing in the middle of a job and requires someone to push the blue start button. There are no jams. Once you press the button it starts right back up and continues until the next time it randomly needs someone to push the blue start button. Any insight into this would be helpful.

Sounds like a couple of employees that work here :) LOL

Seriously, sounds like either a network communication problem, or, a buffering issue. What type of DFE are you using?

Last edited:
I was thinking maybe it is timing out and going into "sleep" or "energy saver" mode due to a communication problem eithier between the rip and the printer, or, between your network and the rip. If it's not that, it might be your input paper tray sensors. We used to have a 6500 years ago (predecessor to the C6501), and, it would do that every once in a while because the paper feed tray sensors are having a problem determing what size paper you are using. It would happen more often when we were using a non-standard size paper (like, 12.5 x 19, or, 10.5 x 17, etc.)

We had KM6500 (Creo front end) and small, non standard sheet sizes sometimes caused a similar problem.

Well it is super unproductive when i'm running a 1000 print job and need to stand by it the whole time and hit the start button every 60 sheets.

Did you ask your tech about this?
:)
Try to clean/replace your paper feed rollers. This may cause such a behavior.
Next thing is to change dipSW 11-3 to 1 (Automatic restart at “Press START to restart” situation after releasing jam.)
dipSW 11-6 to 1 (Automatic paper supply)

Good luck.

We had a similar issue with our C8000. It would just hang there, only difference is we had to kill the job. It turns out that it was the data cable between the Fiery and the C8000.

Yea i'm going to get ahold of our tech and talk to him about it. I have brought it up in the past, but they just shook their heads and had no answers. No i've got some roads to go down, thanks.

On my 6501 it was typically a problem with the receding stacker going too far down (with lightweight stock), or the LCT failing to properly forward a 14pt/300+gsm.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back