Bizhub c8000 - Error code c-3802 - Any experience on how to clear it?

Joyous

Waiting on a tech at the moment, but wondered if any other c8000 operators had experience clearing the same problem.

The fuser tray is locked and the Auto-error code c-3802 appears on the screen at startup - Machine is clear (after manual unlock) and nothing appears to be wrong physically (Switches all reset, everything connected) but error reoccurs.

I remember on the c6500 you used to be able to clear c35**-x39xx fuser errors by bypassing into service mode and clearing the dipswitch settings, but it doesn't appear to work or have any effect in this case.

As far as I remember, it's a generic Fuser Abnormality error that just needs to be cleared somehow, but I can't remember for the life of me how to clear it.

Any users have the same problem and figured out how to clear it?

1) utility key, stop, 0, 0, stop, 0, 1 (this will allow you to be in service mode)
2) press system reset (3)
3) press software dip switch setting (1)
4) left arrow so it reads 03
5) right arrow so it reads 01
6) touch off
7) touch return, close, exit, exit

If step 1 doesn't take you to service mode, turn off main power, press and hold utility button when you turn it back on until service mode screen re-appears

I hope this helps.

The funny thing was, that was the exact solution I did (Except you don't need to stop 0 0 stop 0 1 on the c8000, that's for the 6500) except... I forgot to trigger the dipswitch change to off at first, haha.

Been a long time since the last fuser abnormality error. As the tech put it when he came in, I had the problem 98% solved ;)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back